Woodcraft Cabinet making class

2 minutes ago, chashint said:

Why the mystery about the class you didn't like?    Anyone that may frequent this forum and report back on you is already going to do it.   Plus you walked out of the class so any damage has already been done.    What was the blatantly wrong information that prompted you to walk out?

I don't want to disparage the organization or cast blanket aspersions upon them.  I know a lot of their people and I like most of them.  A few I consider friends.  The class was also hosted by a business with whom I have an affiliation so it behooves me to not name names.  I didn't walk out of the class really, I just removed myself from earshot so I could stop biting my tongue.

Just one example of many factually wrong bits of information given:

You don't have to buy a marking knife because an Xacto does the same thing.  WRONG.  Not even debatable.  Just plain wrong.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2017 at 3:01 PM, woodbutcher74 said:

I would probably take the class. If nothing else you will probably meet some other wood workers and swap some ideas. My company used to send us to Motorola classes in Schaumburg and I learned more from the other techs in the class than I did from the instructor. Just sayin.

It's probably the case for all here with a tech background that more solutions come from around the water cooler/coffee machine than alone at the desk. It's one of the reasons forums exist.