Stanley and Bailey users

Pwk5017

If anyone is looking to buy their first plane or add a 4 or 5 to their arsenal, I have about fifty to sell. In addition, I have a bunch of spare blades if somebody wants to keep a few spare blades with different angles on hand. Attached is an example of what I have on hand. I'm thinking around $20-25 a plane plus shipping. 

IMG_4504.JPG

59 minutes ago, Eric. said:

Post it on the Guild facebook page and they'll be gone in 15 minutes.

Did not think of that, but i will take the suggestion to the bank, sir! Im a member of the guild and despite being 29, im sorta anti facebook. I remember when i was 18 and you needed a .edu email address to join. My friends were so amped when we got accepted to our respective schools. I didnt share their enthusiasm back then and i certainly do not now. Still, i understand facebook marketplaces to be a less sketchy version of craigslist, and thus more popular. 

Bryan, I was an idiot and bid on a local school auction. I went for the unisaw, pm66, and 14" radial arm saw and i came back with 80+ planes. I think i lost track of what i was bidding on/winning and here i am. A real "wtf were you thinking?!?" moment packing up my hatchback with so many friggin planes. I cant use my workbench because it is full of planes right now. The level of self loathing is very high. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Pwk5017 said:

im sorta anti facebook

Same here.  I only use it for a few closed groups...I do not and never will post my daily minutiae on it.  I use a phony name and my avatar is the same one you're looking at now.  It's pretty lame that you have to participate in something you hate so badly in order to participate in a large part of society.

And as an aside...I absolutely hate the facebook interface.  Not just the way it promotes superficial relationships and an unintelligent exchange of ideas...but the technical aspects as well.  I find it convoluted and confusing to navigate, and at least on my computers, slow to load and constantly buggy.  For a trillion dollar company, it's pretty mediocre.  Maybe it's just me.

I can use a couple more no. 5's.   I have plenty of smoothing planes, and two no.6's that I keep different cambered blades on that have become a lot more useful than I ever expected them to.  My no. 5 toolbox has some more room in it, and I'd like to keep a few different cambered blades ready to go.   I'm not much for swapping blades. When I'm in the middle of working on something, I like to just grab what I need and go to work.

I'm really pleased with the two no. 5's.   I just opened the box today.  I'm not one that cares a bit what year they were made in, or what type number they are.   Both will be fine users.  I think I have enough bench planes now.

On 7/24/2017 at 2:01 PM, Tom King said:

I'm really pleased with the two no. 5's.   I just opened the box today.  I'm not one that cares a bit what year they were made in, or what type number they are.   Both will be fine users.  I think I have enough bench planes now.

Nice!  Good to hear.  

Mine have been apparently hanging out in Colorado for three days (rocky mountain high?)

[Edit: they arrived tonight (7/26.)  They look good, especially the #4 that I was most interested in.  Many thanks.]

• Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 48 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    rojmwq4e
    Newest Member
    rojmwq4e