Kerfmaker tool

I have a Bridge City KM-1 that I used twice and it's just sitting in the drawer in it's in it's original condition, in it's original plastic bag and with the instruction sheet. I use my Wixey DRO fence position read out now.  Does anybody want it? I'll sell it for a very reasonable price. PM me, if you are interested.

Charley

On 7/23/2017 at 3:01 PM, Eric. said:

If you cut your dado first and then fit the panel to it...is it really necessary?  Because that's how I've always done it and I can't remember once in my life ever needing to widen a dado.

That's how I do it too...with solid wood.  When I did the kitchen cabinets and vanities, though, I was using plywood.  Some of the plywood was prefinished both sides.  Some of it prefinished one side.  Some of it unfinished.  And I think some was from different manufacturers.  Anyway the thicknesses were all over the map - off by 3/32 among different sheets of all nominal 3/4 ply.  In that case I could see it being super useful.  I hated having to keep messing with shims and experimenting.

But I agree - for a dado meant to house a solid wood panel it's overkill.  

I have a Bridge City KM-1 that I used twice and it's just sitting in the drawer in it's in it's original condition, in it's original plastic bag and with the instruction sheet. I use my Wixey DRO fence position read out now.  Does anybody want it? I'll sell it for a very reasonable price. PM me, if you are interested.

Charley

Yes sir I'd like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I've received three PMs from those interested in my KM-1 and I have responded to all three based on the response time of their posts. It's interesting that the first two responded only 17 seconds apart, but I only have but one KM-1 to offer. So if for any reason that the first responding person doesn't take it, the next will be offered it, etc. With three waiting for it already I'm certain that one will be taking it,. Thanks guys. 

Charley

• 2 weeks later...

A bit late to the party, but I actually have 2. I bought a second one because it's that freaking useful. Any time I make a dado or groove that's going to get a panel in it I setup one of the Kerf Makers for it. It's super easy to use, and it exact fit accurate without cut test fit, cut test fit and go through all that crap. 

1 hour ago, Tom Cancelleri said:

A bit late to the party, but I actually have 2. I bought a second one because it's that freaking useful. Any time I make a dado or groove that's going to get a panel in it I setup one of the Kerf Makers for it. It's super easy to use, and it exact fit accurate without cut test fit, cut test fit and go through all that crap. 

good to know, why'd you get two?

1 minute ago, treesner said:

good to know, why'd you get two?

I had pre ordered one from BCTW, and then bought one off someone else. The one I bought from BCTW got here a few months after I bought the other. I had found it was so useful I kept the second one. I'll set it for difference sizes during a project, 1 might be used for drawer bottoms, and the other for a larger panel, or a different concurrent project. For instance, I was working on a few small boxes, and then my niece broke my sister's drawer in the kitchen and I built a new drawer box that following day. I set the second one for the drawer bottom while leaving the one for my projects alone. At the cost of it, it's not like having 2 table saws. 

• Like 1