RZ Mask Feedback

cody

I have an RZ Mask. Previously, I was using the cheap, disposable, white 3M filters and hardly used them because of having to take off my safety glasses, hat, etc to put it on/off. The RZ gets used all the time because it's a simple velcro attachment at the back of the neck. For me, the convenience alone makes it worth the price.

So according to the RZMask website it says their filters stop particles down to 1 micron.   They don't really give much more detail than that.   They're basically a neoprene cover over a disposable paper filter.   Too bad they don't give much more detail.

If you go to 3M's website, any of their filters they give a ton of numbers and detail.  

I use the 3M 8511 filters, these are disposable but are a fairly flexible cloth with a exhale valve and adjustable nose piece.   So they're comfortable wearing long term.   These are classified as N95 which is typical of most disposable filters.   The N means it's not durable against oil, and the 95 means it'll trap 95% of particles down to .3 microns.   A box of 10 costs about $15 so they're not terribly expensive.

I have a sensitivity to sawdust, so I pretty much always wear a mask, and I find the N95 to be sufficient in terms of filtration.   I only use the respirator when working with solvents and finishes and such.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered one from Amazon yesterday after reading the comments and doing a little research. I seldom wear a respirator in the shop unless I'm sanding something. I know I should - and damage has been done but I haven't found a respirator that works with my bifocal safety glasses. I made a choice and always wear my safety glasses. I'm hoping I'll be able to wear the RZ with my glasses. If I remember to - I'll write a follow up comment on how it works out.

I just checked out their website.  They are claiming that their filters are HEPA filters (effective down to 0.1 microns), and have filters that combine particulate filtration with charcoal for organics/vapour.  For those of you that have these, do they form a good seal around your face?

https://rzmask.com/pages/product-details