JK lecture

Eric.

51 minutes ago, Mike. said:

I guess me and @Eric. are the only two that appreciate JK. 

Not likely.  As father-time started to gain on JK he became even more philosophical about the craft if that is possible.  That sets just fine with me because my plank-sanctum, garage-mahal, call-it-what-you-will, is my decompression chamber.  I enjoy what I make and my only deadlines are those that appear when someone is willing to pay me for the things I like to make anyway.  My shop is the ultimate anxiety deprivation chamber and I get a little philosophical about it myself.

JK taught me the joy of lumber selection, proportions, the balance of when things get too precise and become robotic versus things getting too loose and moving from artistic into the flea-market.  In all things he speaks to the enjoyment of the craft.  A great inspiration, teacher and cool dude in general.  I still miss him.

Eric,  thank you for the video (and link to Youtube, where there are others). I have been a fan of JK for a couple of decades. I am also fortunate to own one of his smoothers. It is my greatest treasure. Here is a link to a "review" I wrote about it:  http://www.inthewoodshop.com/ToolReviews/The James Krenov Smoother.html

The%20James%20Krenov%20Smoother_html_12f10216.jpg

Regards from Perth

Derek