Acme Tool Sale

Alan G

Thanks for posting this!  I found a tool that I can use, that I didn't know existed.

http://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/milwaukee-2429-21xc-m12-cordless-band-saw-kit#specs

edited to add:   But I found it significantly cheaper on ebay, even including the Acme "discount" 

edited again to add that the ebay "deal" was bare tool only, so it looks like Acme it is.

3 hours ago, Tom King said:

Thanks for posting this!  I found a tool that I can use, that I didn't know existed.

http://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/milwaukee-2429-21xc-m12-cordless-band-saw-kit#specs

edited to add:   But I found it significantly cheaper on ebay, even including the Acme "discount" 

edited again to add that the ebay "deal" was bare tool only, so it looks like Acme it is.

We use them at work completely replaced the hacksaw onsite. It is probably my favorite of any my work tools. Well maybe a tie with battery sds hammer drill

I procrastinated until past 5 o'clock to order the little bandsaw, and noticed that there was now 20% off on select Milwaukee tools (including this one), if you order an accessory.  I ordered an extra package of blades. 

When I went to the cart, I was $25.43 short of free shipping, so I went to get some Vise-Grips that I need to build one of my benders with, and found that they were, on sale, 4 bucks each cheaper than some I'd bought off of ebay, so I ordered 2 at 11.99 each.   Still short by a couple of dollars, I had to find some other small something to get it over 200 bucks for free shipping.

Still beats shopping in a store.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tom King said:

What is the current preferred model of the Supermax?  The new one?

I'd bet it's still the 19-38 for most.  I went with the new one for the slightly smaller footprint. 

You are not a normal user though, I'm not sure if they make a 100-200 :D

For anyone wondering, Acme did give me credit for the 15% sale, so I give them credit.  ABF Freight can go pee up a rope though.

2 minutes ago, Woodenskye said:

Why is that?

Glad acme gave you the discount even though you bought a few weeks earlier.

The sander has been at their local warehouse for two days, I finally emailed them and asked if I could expect them to schedule delivery soon.  They got snippy with me and said it was my fault I hadn't contacted them to schedule delivery.  

I was definitely impressed by Acme.  They'll get more business from me for this. 

There are shipping companies still operating in the stone age of telephones, and snail mail.  Most of it is subcontracted out.   I had a real run-in with a trucking company getting a pallet of hand blown cylinder glass to us.  It took less time to get it to the U.S. in a container from Germany, than from the port(in the same state) to here.

48 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

Pass your information about the shipper to Acme, that's who can make them sit up and listen !

I did.  I actually think that's what pushed Acme to giving me the sale price.  I told them I was ready to tell ABF to send the sander back to them.

• Thanks 1

• Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 53 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Skillfusian
    Newest Member
    Skillfusian