Alan G

Acme Tool Sale

8 hours ago, ben_r_ said:

I always pick up something big each 15% sale AcmeTools does. This time I ordered a Fuji Mini-Mite 4 w/ the GXPC gun. $670 shipped. Not too bad!

Good choice sir! I have that same turbine with the XPC bottom feed. If you want to spend more money on expensive plastic look at the 3M PPS system for it - it has a lot of benefits. 

Just now, estesbubba said:

Good choice sir! I have that same turbine with the XPC bottom feed. If you want to spend more money on expensive plastic look at the 3M PPS system for it - it has a lot of benefits. 

Oh yea, already placed the order for the 3M PPS Mini 6oz kit as well as the 6ft high flex whip hose and the 1.0mm AirCap set.

Acme is having a new years sale i think through tomorrow. It's only 10% off but it's better than nothing and unfortunately covers supermax. Going to see if i can get a rewind through my CC.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bleedinblue said:

Indeed Nut.  Got me $100 off a bandsaw, so I call that a win.

Rikon or laguna?

1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

Rikon or laguna?

Rikon. 

The stories of Laguna's poor customer service I was told of on the Guild's FB page and the 1 year vs. 5 year warranties won me over.  I was also under the (wrong) impression that you had to remove the fence rails of the Laguna to change the blade...but I still like that the blade slot in the table of the Rikon is parallel to the blade instead of perpendicular like on the Laguna. 

Isn't Acme where Wile E. Coyote got all  his stuff to catch the Roadrunner?  He would have it in the next scene.  That is fast delivery.  I have a Rikon lathe- the 5 year warranty was what pushed the button.

• Like 1

Until tonight Veterans day sale at acme tools 11% off. Excludes the big stuff obviously.

Happy veterans day (yesterday) to all you veterans, thanks for everything you've done!

Acme Tools is having a valentines day sale 14% off $350+ purchase. I'm sure there are restrictions.

13 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Acme Tools is having a valentines day sale 145 off $350+ purchase. I'm sure there are restrictions.

Darn, 14%. I knew ~40% off $350 was too good to be true!

FYI- max $100 savings, very long list of excluded item numbers. 

26 minutes ago, JohnG said:

Darn, 14%. I knew ~40% off $350 was too good to be true!

FYI- max $100 savings, very long list of excluded item numbers. 

Fixed my post. Most of the excluded items are battery powered hand tools like dewalt drills etc. All of those items have tiny margins as it is so 14% off would be selling for less than cost.

I know a few employees and the acme employee discount is usually worse than their sales they have from time to time because of the low margins. They make their money off accessories and rentals and contractor services.