no-frills scrap bin drilling shelf

Eric.

23 minutes ago, Eric. said:

Let's count...

from drill press, past the jointer, around the mft, take a sharp right at the bench then a sharp left, walk past bench and table saw toward the shelf above the miter station, dig around on five feet of shelf, find bit, scratch ass, turn around, walk past bench and table saw toward mft, take a sharp right and then a left, around mft, past the jointer, arrive at drill press...

...shit...wrong bit

17 steps. 

6 minutes ago, bushwacked said:

good little rack there. I never understood why people have 5-6 drills or more .. you only can use 1 at time and normally I have both mine setup for predrill and the driver with the bit. worked well for me so far 

There are times when I'd like to have one more set.  I'll probably buy a Festool and the installer's kit eventually because there are some neat toys in there...and I'm kind of running out of things to buy. LOL

But these guys who have like a dozen lined up on the shelf?  Yeah I don't get the point of that at all.

6 hours ago, Eric. said:

There are times when I'd like to have one more set.  I'll probably buy a Festool and the installer's kit eventually because there are some neat toys in there...and I'm kind of running out of things to buy. LOL

But these guys who have like a dozen lined up on the shelf?  Yeah I don't get the point of that at all.

I have a Makita 2 piece set and the Festool CXS and I too wonder about folks that have a row of them then I remind myself that not everyone has a dozen routers like I do and move on LOL  

I bought that same white and black Makita set, when they first came out years ago.  They still work fine, and I've never even had to replace a battery.   I did buy the larger batteried version, LXT's for driving larger lag screws with. 

Then, when building about a mile of wooden horse fencing, I bought another set of LXT's, so we had a drill and driver on each end of the trailer with the lumber on it.  I found a kid who had the time of his life driving the truck and trailer along the fenceline, as we put boards up.  That job went right along.   That's the only time I've ever really needed more than one drill, and driver, but they paid off then.

The white ones, with the half size batteries, are really nice for small jobs.

I probably have three dozen routers.   I bought another Milwaukee 5615, off CL, on Monday-new, never used, still in the case with both collets, and nice wrenches, for 75 bucks, so I couldn't pass it up.

10 minutes ago, Tom King said:

...I probably have three dozen routers.   I bought another Milwaukee 5615, off CL, on Monday-new, never used, still in the case with both collets, and nice wrenches, for 75 bucks, so I couldn't pass it up.

Well see my router problem isn't out of control after all LOL

I've got about (10)12 volt Bosch drills/drivers/ impact drivers / rt.angle etc .  It's common to have 2 or 3 different pilot/countersink bits and a Phillips & square drive bit all in different drills during a build. A couple live at my house so I don't have to drive to the shop on the weekend. I've got the rest of them split up in different toolboxes. Each box has a pretty wide assortment of countersink bits, drill bits, and damn near every size & shape of driver bits you could possibly think of.  I've got 5 or 6 older 18v drills that get occasional use too.

I built a pedastal full of drawers under a benchtop drill press to put it at a decent height. It's got a Woodpeckers table/ fence/ flipstops & a dust collection nozzle. Drawers hold sets of bits in every size & variety. Jigs for production drilling specialty parts fill out the rest of the space. 

Live only got around 20-25 routers so Tom's got me beat there. 

9 minutes ago, Tom King said:

I don't really know how many routers  I have.  I knew my newest helper (been with me eleven years now) was going to be a good one when he started keeping driver bits in his pocket, and didn't have to make a step to get one.

Steps are money!