Elevated Dog Food Station

My wife’s niece asked me to build her one of these for her Mastiff “horse” so he could stand upright and drink and eat. I’m thinking that was what he had a neck for but relented and built her one from some nice maple. It holds two bowls and a bin for about 50 lbs. of food. She ended up spray painting it black to match her “other stuff”.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
6 hours ago, shaneymack said:

She is very cute. Part boxer?

Definitely a mix.  The vet calls her an American Bully/Terrier mix so that's what we call her.  Probably a bit of something else in there as well.  We've had good luck with mutts.  She's very mellow and obedient in the house, a bit rambunctious but still well behaved outdoors.  We've been very fortunate with her.  A dog bed frame is next on the "can't these people wait while you  make something for us?" list. :D

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, gee-dub said:

We've had good luck with mutts.

Mutts are actually the best breed of dogs because their gene pool hasn't been all twisted and deformed by human breeders,  They're just dogs.

• Like 1

cool project

i made a much "rougher" (read - construction lumber) one, when we had 2 greyhounds. (long legs)

tall dogs can drink easier when the water is elevated. doesn't mean they can't when the bowl is on the ground, but a little easier when elevated.

it does tend to "spray" the vittles and water 'cause it is up in the air! :D

We got an oak one for our Mastiff that a fellow woodworker made for us. Of course, when he made it 5 years ago, I was not a fellow woodworker. Hence the reason he made it. Needs a refinishing now. Someone recently asked me to make one as well. 

I like the added features, if it's going in your house, no reason not to make it awesome!

20 hours ago, gee-dub said:

After all, dogs slobber a little.

My dogs do a little,  I have seen some where you might want a bar top finish on the topside. :D

Your dog is going to like this but she might try to play it cool and so no emotion.