Sign in to follow this  
Tmize

Rockler hold fast

Has anybody used them they look a good deal. But as we all know it's don't always a good thing. If they they are junk could I get a recommendation for where I could get a good pair from?

thanks

Gramercy is the one to buy.  They are damn near unbeatable.  When you get yours, get a thick piece of leather and glue it on the flat.   You'll love how easy it is on your workpieces.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RichardA said:

Gramercy is the one to buy.  They are damn near unbeatable.  When you get yours, get a thick piece of leather and glue it on the flat.   You'll love how easy it is on your workpieces.

All of this.

Good info y'all thanks. I'm start the build on my first real bench this weekend an get all my goodies lined up so I'll have them here when I'm finished. 

• Like 1

I been using the Rockler holdfasts for about a month now, along with some lee valley ones. My top is 2 1/4" thick, and they work just fine.  I plan on putting a pad on them, because they leave their blue paint behind.  I prefer the lee valley, but they don't require a mallet.

Another happy user of the Gramercy holdfasts here. When you first use them, take some sandpaper to the shaft. It will help them grab the bench hole better. The leather pads are a nice add-on too.