Clark'swoodworkings

What to do with this load of wood

beautiful wood for sure, if it were mine i would put it somewhere just out of reach until that special project comes along, accent pieces, drawer fronts on a walnut cabinet come to mind, just don't waste it just because you want to build something with it.

• Like 2

I agree with Treeslayer. I like the look of curly maple in smaller highlight doses.

Tommy Mac did a recent desk completely out of tiger maple. The craftsmanship and achievement was amazing, so don't want to come across as unappreciative, and I'm not qualified to really criticize, but for me, the grain was just too much and kind of difficult to look at for too long. 

• Like 2

I should have mentioned that there is no running out of this wood

i can get these bundles anytime

i just went a little over board on collecting them as they were so cheap and nice wood now need to build something with them to warrant the purchase 

What part of Seattle are you in - I have a kid up there that can be my mule....

Would be interested in some of the figured maple for box tops.

• Like 1

Well, considering it is 1/4" material, it sounds like jewelry/collection box type material. Get creative, know someone who likes fancy watches? make them an awesome display box. Know any tea drinkers? how about one of these?

15-F10104-12.png?w=500

Anybody getting married? a fancy box for wedding envelopes is nice, or if you are religious, a box for donations. 

Just some suggestions where these really 'wow' type woods and grain patterns really shine, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Clark'swoodworkings said:

Like I said befor in another thread if you live in the Seattle area contact me for a steal on some of this maple slabs and whole logs he can have cut to whatever you like 

Cool stuff.  You've been contacted.  

On 10/30/2017 at 11:17 AM, Clark'swoodworkings said:

I live up north of Seattle about 15 miles

Lynnwood area

thanks for the suggestions I will work on a project tonight 

scott

PM sent.

Do you still have the 1/4" figured maple?  What else do you have access to?  I am not a slab guy - but would be interested in any smaller stuff such as 4/4 x 8" x 15" to 18" (or thicker.)

Would you sell a couple of pieces of the 1/4"?