Post the Loot


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do presents to yourself count????  After using my current shop for the past 3 years, I have really enjoyed making furniture and want to do more, much more.  So, I decided to give myself some pres

Since I got my Felder earlier in the year, I promised then not to ask for anything else for a long time My wife and kids didn't disappoint though! This is the best Christmas ever! Everyone got th

I was Santa this year, surprised my good friends with this!  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

9173845865659572714.thumb.jpg.da3a19d8136f1ce0952bb119bd7fc6c3.jpg

I see handcut dovetails and gentle curves in my future. Not pictured are both drawing bows from lee valley. I was utterly shocked at how comfortable that handle is on the lee valley saw. The gift to myself was a Supermax 19-38 sander ( well it was kind of partly from my employer)

I'd like a review of that. I have a few frames to make as well.

@pkinneb If i ever get the chance I'd love to take a look at that Nakashima book. A friend of mine from Bismarck introduced me to his work and some day I'd love to try and make  an inspired piece.

 

Is that the 14tpi saw? I think I have the same one. Mine is actually a factory second that they sold at a modest discount. Has a tiny, cosmetic gap (1/16" to 1/32" ish) between the wood handle and black spine. I'm still getting used to it though, as I've previously been cutting with Dozouki saw. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Is that the 14tpi saw? I think I have the same one. Mine is actually a factory second that they sold at a modest discount. Has a tiny, cosmetic gap (1/16" to 1/32" ish) between the wood handle and black spine. I'm still getting used to it though, as I've previously been cutting with Dozouki saw. 

It's the 12 tpi rip. I thought i read somewhere that the rip configurations work pretty well for ripping and cross cutting, or maybe it was the other way around. Either way i figured for DTs most of the cut is a rip cut so I'm not concerned. Now to figure out how to get some sort of leg vise on my wallwood bench.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got the same Leatherman !  I saw something in the road, stopped and it was that Titanium Leatherman. It had been run over a few times and one case side was broken. I called to see about getting it fixed (after I found out what they cost ! ) ,shipped it to them and they sent me a brand new one !  The accessory driver bit set is quite handy to have. The extension is a must have too. Both ride on my belt everyday in cases.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Chestnut said:

@pkinneb If i ever get the chance I'd love to take a look at that Nakashima book. A friend of mine from Bismarck introduced me to his work and some day I'd love to try and make  an inspired piece.

Absolutely! As soon as i'm done going through it I'll ping you and you are welcome to give it a read.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SawDustB said:

The incra miter gauge was my big addition to the shop this year. I also got a few odds and ends from my Lee Valley wish list. I'm getting my father's old lathe in the spring, so I also got a face shield and apron.

Congrats! I have been using that miter gauge for about  a year and really like it, very accurate.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

First from #1 son was a pair of the 60" F clamps from Harbor Freight.

Yesterday I ripped a 2x4 to add a wood core.

Am giving some thought to screwing the sides into the core for a really tight fit ... but only thinking at this point.

clamps.thumb.jpg.903859990d0d9367088f38e0cb0bce5b.jpg

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, pkinneb said:

Congrats! I have been using that miter gauge for about  a year and really like it, very accurate.

I'm glad to hear it. I really want to try a project with it. Based on the conversation with my wife this morning, it sounds like it'll get tried out building a book case for my daughter's room.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/12/2017 at 10:46 AM, Immortan D said:

My son gave me a Leatherman Charge.

5a426e519be74_2017-12-2612_42_10.thumb.jpg.1dab878cb4f6ca2e3e11f3b17ea34109.jpg

I love it! it instantly became my new EDC.

I had the same one up untill a few weeks ago. My wife was helping me install some temporary fencing for the dogs and I lent her my charge. A couple hours later in the house I asked her if I could have it back and she realised that she had misplaced it. We looked everywhere to no avail. Now I'm back to using my surge as my edc.  Overall I prefer the surge but it just doesn't carry as nicely as the titanium charge. It was the perfect pocket multi tool ! Enjoy it !

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

I had the same one up untill a few weeks ago. My wife was helping me install some temporary fencing for the dogs and I lent her my charge. A couple hours later in the house I asked her if I could have it back and she realised that she had misplaced it. We looked everywhere to no avail. Now I'm back to using my surge as my edc.  Overall I prefer the surge but it just doesn't carry as nicely as the titanium charge. It was the perfect pocket multi tool ! Enjoy it !

I have a Surge too, I had it for years. Great tool,  but's a bit bulky for EDC in my opinion, so I keep it in my truck. Now the Charge, I keep it in my pocket, it's like it's not even there!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2017 at 7:33 AM, Chet said:

Pictures, Pictures, Pictures.

Yes, I failed.  I did put the Resaw King on this morning so here's some pics.  I just ripped a piece of veneer off of something out of the scrap pile.

5a4529b4cd602_resawking(4).jpg.309ea5bf784fc674e667683a5ad39fea.jpg

Reasonably consistent at "about" 1/32" along its length.

5a4529b60400c_resawking(5).jpg.0dcaceb3d8ae15fdded157b86f9d5d28.jpg

5a4529b75bba4_resawking(6).jpg.0caaee0e36add5bf7203ea396d07cad8.jpg

The cut quality is good.  It is about what I get with a Woodslicer but, way faster.  I'll get familiar with it over the next few days.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 212 Guests (See full list)

  • Forum Statistics

    29451
    Total Topics
    399075
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    22200
    Total Members
    3644
    Most Online
    GAbriel
    Newest Member
    GAbriel
    Joined