Supermax Sander Sale

Chestnut

35 minutes ago, Alan G said:

I have an older 16/32 performax. It struggles to hold settings.

Been looking at the 19/38 Supermax. Would be a nice upgrade

I'd wait for a while on the 19-38. Also from the woodcraft guy was that the 19-38 is going to get upgraded with the same features as the 16-32 (fast adjust lever, DRO, Conveyor motor).

I guess moving the conveyor motor to the other side making the top of the belt a pull motion instead of a push motion helped with some feed issues. I don't really see how it's much different but i guess it is.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bleedinblue said:

I don't use the DRO

I could see this being handy if you messed a piece up down the road and you had to re-mill a replacement.  Of course It is only handy if you know what the original readout  was.

I'm happy with cranking the height up and down so the quick adjust isn't that big of a draw for me.  But then they had to go and make folding tables for the 19/28 ! Really don't want to spend another $129 but it sure would make storing it a lot easier. Guess I will have to make up my mind before I build the drawer base.

Nice. I figured that 16-32 would drop in price soon. They were just asking too much for it and priced it too closely to the 19-38. I bet AcmeTools would price match with Woodcraft just in case its only a Woodcraft deal. But I bet itll be an across the board price drop. Glad I held off!

1 minute ago, ben_r_ said:

Nice. I figured that 16-32 would drop in price soon. They were just asking too much for it and priced it too closely to the 19-38. I bet AcmeTools would price match with Woodcraft just in case its only a Woodcraft deal. But I bet itll be an across the board price drop. Glad I held off!

It's not a drop pretty sure it's a sale. I personally don't think that the asking price was too close to the 19-38, the new 19-38 is probably going to be $1499-$1599 after the add the quick lever modify the feed belt and add in the DRO. jets 16-32 is only $100 cheaper and doesn't have DRO from factory. The subjective debate is if the supermax is inherently better.

• 7 months later...
On 1/9/2018 at 9:21 AM, Chestnut said:

I'd wait for a while on the 19-38. Also from the woodcraft guy was that the 19-38 is going to get upgraded with the same features as the 16-32 (fast adjust lever, DRO, Conveyor motor).

I guess moving the conveyor motor to the other side making the top of the belt a pull motion instead of a push motion helped with some feed issues. I don't really see how it's much different but i guess it is.

Have you heard any more on an upgraded 19-38? It’s been on my radar for years to upgrade my Jet 16-32 but want to be patient if new model is coming out soon.

17 hours ago, estesbubba said:

Have you heard any more on an upgraded 19-38? It’s been on my radar for years to upgrade my Jet 16-32 but want to be patient if new model is coming out soon.

I haven't my advice is to call your local wood craft. If they don't know try the woodcraft in Bloomington MN that's who told me about it.

15 hours ago, Pondhockey said:

Do any of you Supermax owners have opinions about the dust collection?

Works great the fines tax my cyclone and i get better seperation if i open up another blast gate half way.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
36 minutes ago, Minnesota Steve said:

I got a black friday flyer from Rockler and Woodcraft and it looks like the Supermax 16-32 is back on sale for $999.

I think I have just enough room in my shop for one.   Not sure I can sneak it past the wife though.

I'm quite happy with mine. I've had it set up for wow almost 2 years now. It's held it's calibration well. At least i believe it has. Performance is quite good and I've not had any issues. I use it quite a bit as well.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 53 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    rojmwq4e
    Newest Member
    rojmwq4e