new2woodwrk

What did you do today?

2 minutes ago, legenddc said:

Thanks for the drywall tips everyone. You're making me want to buy a model but I feel like I have less time with all of this. Good luck cleaning Mark!

“Buy a model”...took me a minute. 

• Haha 1

Just got back from picking up a old, small Jet 1HP dust collector for $25. The woman left it out in her driveway so we could practice social distancing and was less then 7 miles from my house round trip. We may get together once this virus is over. Tomorrow my planer comes in. Now it's time to get a lot of work done so I can actually try out my tools tomorrow.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

Bought a new trim router the Bosch cordless becuase well you can never have to many routers right :P

Used it enough to give a review? What model did you get? That sounds like it would be super useful to quickly do a round over with no cords in the way.

9 hours ago, lewisc said:

Used it enough to give a review? What model did you get? That sounds like it would be super useful to quickly do a round over with no cords in the way.

The Bosch Palm router, should be here in a week or two. I will let you know how I like it but like you  mentioned I think it will be nice for edge routing tasks.

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/12v-max-routers-37949-c/ 

• Like 2

We are under contract on a house, so today I’ve been making floor plans in acad so we can do some planning for furniture and some possible renovations. We have a few dimensions but I’m mostly working off of memory and pictures, so I’ll have to update them with true dimensions after I can take measurements. 

You still going to be in Virginia, John?  I used to live in Culpepper.  Nice country, but some of the laws had me going a tad nuts.

2 minutes ago, RichardA said:

Been weedeatin, and was feeling grumpy.

Sounds like you need some pet goats.;)

I sure like that burn pit. I said I was going to make one like it but I’ll just enjoy yours! 

To bad about the templates, ya just never know when you might make a buck or two from doing them for money.

2 hours ago, RichardA said:

To bad about the templates, ya just never know when you might make a buck or two from doing them for money.

I would’ve freaked out - I tend to keep everything, “just in case.”

• Like 1

Would a recomendation be in order?   Make the aprons shorter in order to get the splayed legs a little more under the table. Not much worse than tripping over a leg and complaining that I shoulda done it different.

• Like 1

That's definitely a good idea Rick. They're drawn in line with the edge of the table top but coming in a little won't hurt.