new2woodwrk

What did you do today?

Thanks for that video, Gary. Leno has some incredible machines in his garage.

Mick, here in TN, if a bike can travel above 20 mph under it's own power, it is a motorcycle. Does the bike you have require pedal-assist to reach that top speed?

I keep seeing Jon Peters riding an electric assist Cannondale. Seems like a nice bike but for $7k it should be.

The Corona virus changing where we work sure has raised some questions about our future car ownership. Too early to make a decision now but I'm debating on getting rid of a car and my old never-used '91 pickup and just being a 1 car family. Depending on how school plays out in the fall and how often we'll be working from home will decide that.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Coop said:

I have never heard of one Mick. I googled it and it looks like it’s electric self propelled or you can pedal it? 

There are three classes of e-bikes. Class 1 has pedal assist (senses when you start pedaling and adds motor power that can be adjusted from min to max) and has a top speed of 20 mph, Class 2 has pedal assist plus a throttle that can be used by itself in all-electric mode or with pedal assist (PAS) to boost the current PAS setting and has a top speed of 20 mph (but can be reset in the controller to a limit of 28 mph) and Class 3 which is PAS only, no throttle up to 28 mph. So you can get as much or as little exercise as you want depending on the setup.

9 hours ago, Chip Sawdust said:

I'd like to get one built in the states.

It's next to impossible to even find one available for delivery, but getting one made here is even tougher.

14 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

Does the bike you have require pedal-assist to reach that top speed?

No. It can reach 20 on its own.  NM makes no legal distinction between e-bikes and any other bike. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

If want "green" transport and a little exercise, try one of these babies.

I wonder if you can put a sheet of plywood on the roof:rolleyes:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

If want "green" transport and a little exercise, try one of these babies.

Maybe where you live but it would be a target in Houston. It probably comes with life insurance with the seller as beneficiary. 

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Tpt life said:

My mom passed today. Her fight with ALS is over at last. 

That's a tough road for sure...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family 

• Thanks 1

I am very sorry for your loss, Tpt.  I know her struggle is over, but that does only a little to ease the sadness.  

• Thanks 1

I'm very sorry, Tpt. As a friend of mine put it to me a couple of days ago, you can watch someone point a tazer at you for an hour, or not see it at all, but when they pull the trigger it feels just the same. Her struggle is over. My best to your family.

I didn’t know my wife had a long lost sister, different models but the wires are all the same, don’t know what I’d do without her

• Like 2

I think you’re on to something there Ross that looks really good. People would never believe that it was done in a TS, well done sir 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm about ready to go all Izzy Swan on it, and use a drill motor for the spin. Turning by had took me almost 3 hours to hollow the bowl and slightly recess the bottom. With a motor to spin it, feeding in to the cutter should be much easier and quicker.