What did you do today?

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My DIL has a sister (lives on the other side of the country) who is an extremely unfit parent, so they have taken on legal guardianship of he 7 YO son. So now I am his defacto grandfather. His other g

Just spent a very enjoyable few hours with @Ronn W when he stopped by on his way to Marc Adams woodworking school in Indiana. A great bowl of chili and some homemade sourdough bread with cupcakes for

Speaking of projects to make the wife happy, I finished up the crown molding on our first floor yesterday. Had a bit of a break since I started since we had our deck built in the middle. Old deck

Posted Images

Yesterday for the first time I went to the range and watched some F class shooters hit bullseyes at 600 yards. Fascinating that the physics of it can be figured that closely. The money they spend on equipment is less than what I spend on woodworking stuff, but not by much!

44 minutes ago, Chip Sawdust said:

watched some F class shooters hit bullseyes at 600 yards

i used to shoot with some guys from the US Palma team, they thought 600yds was kind of close as their course of fire started at 800yds and went to 1000 then to 1200yds, wind, mirage, heartbeat and trigger control are some parts of the sport along with precision reloading, it was a riot to shoot with those guys

• Like 2
4 hours ago, treeslayer said:

i used to shoot with some guys from the US Palma team, they thought 600yds was kind of close as their course of fire started at 800yds and went to 1000 then to 1200yds, wind, mirage, heartbeat and trigger control are some parts of the sport along with precision reloading, it was a riot to shoot with those guys

Goes without saying, I suppose - coffee and / or Red Bull are definitely off-limits on shooting days....

I don't think I've ever tried to take a shot more than 150 yards or so, but that is dictated by the sever lack of such open spaces around here. 

10 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

- coffee and / or Red Bull are definitely off-limits on shooting days....

yes it is but you know i have a thermos full of coffee for at the end of the day, i should mention that all these shots are fired using open sights only, no scopes, so good eyes or a special pair of shooting glasses are a must

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

Paving when it's 90 is brutal.

one of my friends from high school was on a crew like that for 30 years, i don't know how he did it, brutal is right, and long days too

47 minutes ago, drzaius said:

My DIL has a sister (lives on the other side of the country) who is an extremely unfit parent, so they have taken on legal guardianship of he 7 YO son. So now I am his defacto grandfather. His other grandfather is a turd and has nothing to do with the boy.

Anyway, they are camping with us and we went on a hike. He's never been camping or hiking and is loving it. We've really hit it off and enjoy each other's company a lot. 

Poor kid has been through a lot and it's going to take a lot of time and love to make things right. But he's a great kid and sure wants to belong to a family

15964977169750.jpg

Well that made my day! Thanks for stepping up, for recognizing his needs and for doing the right thing.

• Like 2

@drzaius If he's still up with you, check out the Home Depot kids workshop kits. Pre-covid they were free in store events but now you can buy the kids for $8-10. They might be too easy for a 7 year old, but if he hasn't used tools it could be okay. My 5.5 year old has been doing them since she was 3 and she still loves them.

• Like 2