What did you do today?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My DIL has a sister (lives on the other side of the country) who is an extremely unfit parent, so they have taken on legal guardianship of he 7 YO son. So now I am his defacto grandfather. His other g

Just spent a very enjoyable few hours with @Ronn W when he stopped by on his way to Marc Adams woodworking school in Indiana. A great bowl of chili and some homemade sourdough bread with cupcakes for

Only because I didn't want to disappoint you, Ken, I used mesquite for trim on the doors and stiles. And to top it off, I used Lone Star pulls.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Chestnut said:

What's the point of having laws if they aren't enforced..... this is beyond stupid. It's probably the reason they committed 350 robberies in the last week... they know they won't be charged.

We had a card hacked a few years ago.  They used it for two trips to Buffalo WiId WIngs restaurant on Long Island, ordered masks from some place in WIsconsin, a few other things, and paid their electricity bill of over $400 on Long Island.  I only caught it a week or so after.

I called the restaurant, and they reversed the charges without wanting to waste any time.  I called the mask place, and they wouldn't give me the address that they shipped the masks to, but said they would tell any police I sent to them.  I called P,S, & G about the power bill being paid, and "they didn't want to open that can of worms."  Just said to call the card company.

I searched for police departments on Long Island, and found more than one.  I called one, asking if they'd had any crimes committed with perps wearing masks, and they said they hadn't.  I told him about the power bill being paid, at which time he got short tempered, and yelled,"  JUST CALL THE F______ING BANK.  THEY'LL GIVE YOU YOUR F____ING MONEY BACK!!!!"

I did.  The total was significantly more than $600, but I guess not enough for them to bother with.  We had the perps dead cold.

• Sad 2