What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

I think they have backed off a bit on the rainfall. So far we’ve only received 3” with the heaviest to come tonight thru Wednesday. Prediction now is 10”-15” and if spread over the next 48 hours, that should be tolerable. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Mark, you have a paper filter IIRC in the laguna DC. If yours is pretty new it might not have gotten fully "seasoned". That said based on the work you do, I could see you not needing to clean it every year though it'd still be a good habbit.

I cleaned mine this year. The dust cloud was huge. I made the mistake of doing it on a pretty calm day and the dust just hung around. There was rain in the forecast so I didn't really feel bad. Good reminder as filters should be cleaned regularly. I like the leaf blower in the back yard method.

I don't know what the P-Flux filter is made of, but it is a pleated cannister that is HEPA rated.  With as much sanding as I do I was expecting more dust in the pleats than was actually there.  

I first used a quarter sheet sander as a vibrater to knock off the excess while it was still mounted (Laguna's recommendation).  Then I took it outside and used the leaf blower.   I didn't go for spotless, just de-bulked.

• Like 1

Today, I read one of the best thriller book named as "The Night She Disappeared" written by Lisa Jewell. If you are into novels, then I'd definitely want you to read her latest novel. It is full of suspense/mystery. You'll be on-the-edge of your seat while you are reading. It seems it is her best novel yet. Do check it out if you get time. 

Thanks.

• Like 2

On 9/18/2021 at 9:26 AM, wtnhighlander said:

Cody and I made our annual pilgrimage to the 'Archaeofest', held at Pinson Mounds State Park to commemorate the culture of the Woodland-period people that built the mounds. The event was subdued, between Covid concerns and rain. Still interesting.

Oh, and it is just 2 miles from my home.

That looks like an interesting place.

• Like 1

@Chet, it really is. My great-great uncle had owned much of that property, prior to the state acquiring it for the park. I remember, as a kid, walking across the fields from his old house, to climb the big mound. That was maybe 10 years before the state developed the existing park facilities.

Many people don't know it, but Shilo National Battlfield, about 45 minutes drive from me, also contains a significant Woodland-era mound site.

• Like 2