new2woodwrk

What did you do today?

Recommended Posts

I watched Sling Blade again. Much better the second time ariund. Ummm....mmmm! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome view Mick! Without getting too personal, tell us a bit about your property. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Mick, after a few years of 40 to 25, we mixed it up this year. White Sands, Alamogordo, and up 54 was the most beautiful drive through NM I have seen that is not around Santa Fe. One of these years I will try to connect and buy you coffee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Tpt life said:

Hey Mick, after a few years of 40 to 25, we mixed it up this year. White Sands, Alamogordo, and up 54 was the most beautiful drive through NM I have seen that is not around Santa Fe. One of these years I will try to connect and buy you coffee. 

That's a pretty drive. Alison and her siblings have a cabin in Ruidoso, so we frequently do that drive. We also take it when we go down to The Gage Hotel in Marathon, TX. Beats the *&#* out of taking 285 through Carlsbad south. The oil field traffic on that road puts your life in jeopardy!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the northern hemisphere folk the weather should be nice, so a reminder to consider cleaning your DC filter. Mine had a good amount of dust in it from the last year.

0716191747_HDR.thumb.jpg.bd1a7c9b4a443b0a480618f8111985de.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Geez!  I thought that was a Saharan sandstorm.

 

So how do you clean yours?  do you blow compressed air from the outside in, or down the center.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mark J said:

Geez!  I thought that was a Saharan sandstorm.

 

So how do you clean yours?  do you blow compressed air from the outside in, or down the center.

 

 

Oneida and GE the supplier and manufacturer for the filters claim that noting over 40 PSI should be directed at the filter material. I took my leaf blower and blew are down the inside while rolling the filter on my lawn and firmly tapping on the top. I make sure to not point the air directly at the filter and instead blow down the pleats on the inside. It was pretty bad this time. I imagine that it's because it's the first full year with my drum sander.

Because it was so humid the dust settled out before it left my property ... mostly so i doubt anyone around me even noticed. That and there were a ton of people burning fresh twigs and leaves from storm damaged trees from a strong storm on Monday.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking my filter off isn't that hard, but lifting it up while guiding it back into place is super difficult for one person.  But I had an idea I'm going to try.  There are these air shim thingies:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Calculated-Industries-Contractor-Grade-AirShim-Inflatable-Pry-Bar-and-Leveling-Tool-that-Holds-Up-To-300-lbs-1190/206697086

I'm hoping I can use one to do the lifting while I do the guiding.  Possibly stepping on the inflation bulb while I guide the filter back on.  We'll see if it works.  Any better solutions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure how your filter is attached to your DC. Mine is really easy. It attaches with j bolts that have a nut on one end. I leave the nut on and hook the filter on one j hook and then get lift it up a bit more to get another. then i tighten everything down. I take my filter off every time i have to empty the dust bin as it's in the way so I've gotten good at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Chestnut said:

For the northern hemisphere folk the weather should be nice, so a reminder to consider cleaning your DC filter. Mine had a good amount of dust in it from the last year.

0716191747_HDR.thumb.jpg.bd1a7c9b4a443b0a480618f8111985de.jpg

The weather will be nice for only those up wind from you! :D

Nut, what kind of grass do you guys have up there? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, K Cooper said:

The weather will be nice for only those up wind from you! :D

Nut, what kind of grass do you guys have up there? 

Kentucky Blue, Perennial Rye, and fine fescue. Kentucky Blue and Perennial rye are the main full sun grasses. Fine fescue and creeping fescues do better in the shade. So my lawn different depending on how much shade it gets.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Painted my basement a few days ago. Close to 2K sqft, so I bought an airless sprayer because there was no way I was gonna roll that much space. Flooring is next, which is being farmed out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Kentucky Blue, Perennial Rye, and fine fescue. Kentucky Blue and Perennial rye are the main full sun grasses. Fine fescue and creeping fescues do better in the shade. So my lawn different depending on how much shade it gets.

 

When we first moved here, and were getting our yards, and pastures going, we wanted to plant Bermuda because pregnant brood mares shouldn't eat Fescue.  Our young, county extension agent told us to plant Perennial Rye, which we did.   That Rye grew great over the first Winter, but didn't come back the next.  I called the same extension agent, and he told me, "Oh, you have to let it go to seed to be perennial".

We're below the growing zone for Perennial Rye, and since then, we overseed with Annual Rye every Fall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 150 Guests (See full list)

  • Forum Statistics

    28886
    Total Topics
    390218
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    21817
    Total Members
    1529
    Most Online
    JaceUnicorn
    Newest Member
    JaceUnicorn
    Joined