Sign in to follow this  
collinb

Versatile router table

Recommended Posts

Anyone besides me watch Woodsmith Shop (PBS/CreateTV)?

This season they're doing a quality router table with mortising jig.

Looks like a Summer project for me. But I"ll use a different table and concentrate on their mortising attachment.

My recent mortising attempt will be converted to this better design.

But it needs one change -- the ability to clamp in a board end for mortising. The original design only does sides.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bessey auto adjust toggle clamps they used on that jig work great. You should be able to shift the clamps to one side and rig up a place to hold the board for routing a mortice in the ends. I would just use a roller stand to support the other end of a long board.

I wonder what the hardware for that morticing sled costs and where the hand wheel was sourced from ? I would watch that show more often if the guys had better personalities. Everything is so deadpan deliveries and lacks passion. Don just needs to get a personality and remove that stick........

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try " ontvtonight.com " for local listings.  If you sign up it's pretty easy to select all the channels you get or like and delete all the junky channels that have sprouted up in recent years. You can even select favorite shows and receive an email reminder that a new episode is airing that day.   Or does " Dish " use the national PBS feed ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wdwerker said:

I would watch that show more often if the guys had better personalities. Everything is so deadpan deliveries and lacks passion. Don just needs to get a personality and remove that stick........

I agree Steve. There’s some pretty decent content but it’s so monotone I lose interest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, prov163 said:

I agree Steve. There’s some pretty decent content but it’s so monotone I lose interest. 

I've watched for two years, this is the third.

This season is #11.  The projects are better.

The shows can be streamed from their website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd call the Woodsmith crew's delivery matter-of-fact. I much prefer that to over-the-top or waaga-waaga. Too many vloggers think the only way to interest an audience is to talk fast and over-emote. But boy, I could listen to and watch Frank Klausz all day long.

I downloaded their router table plans (free, for now) and added it to my one-of-these-days list. Have to get a shop first. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ClassAct said:

I'd call the Woodsmith crew's delivery matter-of-fact. I much prefer that to over-the-top or waaga-waaga. Too many vloggers think the only way to interest an audience is to talk fast and over-emote. But boy, I could listen to and watch Frank Klausz all day long.

I downloaded their router table plans (free, for now) and added it to my one-of-these-days list. Have to get a shop first. :)

Agreed.

But I do acknowledge that this season the shows have a fuller script, a richer text. The last two felt strained, just a bit.

Or maybe it's me more ready to listen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2018 at 1:29 AM, wtnhighlander said:

Please tell me you guys have seen these guys:

https://www.routerworkshop.com

That''s a new one for me - thanks for the link - I need router instruction

On 1/12/2018 at 6:08 PM, wdwerker said:

Try " ontvtonight.com " for local listings.  If you sign up it's pretty easy to select all the channels you get or like and delete all the junky channels that have sprouted up in recent years. You can even select favorite shows and receive an email reminder that a new episode is airing that day.   Or does " Dish " use the national PBS feed ?

Not sure of the dish feed, but I know I have not seen the show when doing a search - we used to have comcast cable and that's where I saw the show. The one show I watched was pretty good

Thanks for the link, I'll look for it there

Searched for the show, not available in my area :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this