A good and inexpensive floor treatment for a woodworking shop's concrete floor.

3 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Drains. Even with the heated garage they'd freeze up.

Nah I have radiant floor heat in my attached garage (not the shop) and I have never had an issue with the drains backing up or freezing...probably shouldn't have said out loud, knock on wood 14 years and counting :)

1 hour ago, pkinneb said:

Nah I have radiant floor heat in my attached garage (not the shop) and I have never had an issue with the drains backing up or freezing...probably shouldn't have said out loud, knock on wood 14 years and counting :)

Oh that's just cheating. With infloor heat you shouldn't have an issue *knocks on wood as well*

1 hour ago, C Shaffer said:

I have seen many “wash in” garages that we hung steel siding in or saw stucco in. 

Read more carefully...”some places...” Nationally you may be accurate. Locally you are not. 

I'm not super familiar with the residential applications of the NPDES/MS4 permits i'm pretty sure they are mostly commercial or industrial but i don't believe there is a federal regulation on it. Most wastewater treatment facilities have an oil water seperator because oils and chemicals are highly disruptive to the aerobic digester or filter bacteria they use. Yeah locally vs locally anything is possible. It's illegal to fall asleep with your shoes on in Fargo and across the whole state of North Dakota you can shoot a native American on horseback as long as your in a covered wagon.

On 1/24/2018 at 5:36 PM, Chestnut said:

It's illegal to fall asleep with your shoes on in Fargo and across the whole state of North Dakota you can shoot a native American on horseback as long as your in a covered wagon.

I love all the obscure, by today’s standard, laws that are still on the books. 

There is no such thing as a Native American.  Everyone in North America came from somewhere else.  My wife and I were in Albuquerque,  NM two years ago.  We visited the Pueblo Cultural Center there.  My camera has a light that is part of the auto-focus system.   Signs say you can't use a flash there.  While taking pictures, a fellow saw the light and told me about using a flash.  I explained what the light was for and he accepted that.  I showed him the flash was folded down on the camera body.  While talking with him, I asked how the people would prefer to be called- Indian or Native American.  He immediately replied, "I'm Zuni."  So much for cultural labels!

On 24/01/2018 at 5:37 PM, Chestnut said:

WHAT@! This HAS to be a Canadian thing. My garage slope is a nice even very shallow grade from the front to the door. All the water just goes to the overhead door and i sweep it out once a week or so with some salt and chunks of ice. Even if i had a drain in my garage i don't think i'd ever wash a car in it. This is just flabergasting. Not in a bad way i think it's awesome.

I'm pretty sure Canadian environmental regulations are more strict than ours. At least i assume so. They must have sumps that have to be pumped or just go to a french drain or something.

Canadian here, never washed my car in the garage, and no drain. My whole garage just has a slight slope. My parents place in the same town has a drain though, so I think it just depends on the size of garage and the builder.

WHAT@! This HAS to be a Canadian thing. My garage slope is a nice even very shallow grade from the front to the door. All the water just goes to the overhead door and i sweep it out once a week or so with some salt and chunks of ice. Even if i had a drain in my garage i don't think i'd ever wash a car in it. This is just flabergasting. Not in a bad way i think it's awesome.

I'm pretty sure Canadian environmental regulations are more strict than ours. At least i assume so. They must have sumps that have to be pumped or just go to a french drain or something.

Canadian here, never washed my car in the garage, and no drain. My whole garage just has a slight slope. My parents place in the same town has a drain though, so I think it just depends on the size of garage and the builder.