For those with Paolini rules

estesbubba

I got all three of the aluminum ones in the last batch (imperial) and love them. If I had an apron I'd put one in there. I can't really say that they work better or worse than any other method, but I find that I use them more than my other squares. If nothing else I feels it is easier to loosen and tighten them.

I've been using these with my regular rules for many years.  For 6" rules I have a few of these scattered around the shop stuck to magnets in the areas where I use them most. I used the Lee Valley rule to round out a few orders during free shipping throughout the years.  Now I have one at the bench, the bandsaw, the tablesaw, etc. Wherever I am in the shop there is always a pencil, rule and a tape at hand so I don't have to carry them.

4 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

Do they make a large print one like Readers Digest? 

Not yet, I heard the next OTT will be magnifying glasses.  The set will have 3 lenses with different levels of magnification.   They will be available in November 2019.  Each lense will cost $500, but the set will cost you $2000.

12 minutes ago, Woodenskye said:

Not yet, I heard the next OTT will be magnifying glasses.  The set will have 3 lenses with different levels of magnification.   They will be available in November 2019.  Each lense will cost $500, but the set will cost you $2000.

You forgot the choice of red aluminum frames or stainless steel.

12 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Do they make a large print one like Readers Digest? 

I don't know.  You guys are all makin' fun of this, but I wish they'd make a ruler with bigger graduations for the 64ths.  I mean those marks are just too close together.  Spread 'em out a little bit like the 16ths are.  Then a guy would have a chance to see them.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The little Starret combination square has served me well for probably the same sort of uses as the woodpeckers one.  It's always close at hand, as well as larger ones, but I was left a number of them along with a bunch of other machinist stuff, so didn't have to pony up for them.5a440c0c459ae_CIMG2349(1280x960).thumb.jpg.43254094dadc24d8e0627ddfd3a3ed00.jpg

1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

... except for not having the ruler stop.

That's really what makes the paolini so useful..at least to me

1 hour ago, Tom King said:

The little Starret combination square has served me well for probably the same sort of uses as the woodpeckers one.

Yep I have one of these in my apron as well