Baby Boat

Isaac

On 2/19/2018 at 7:59 PM, K Cooper said:

Isaac, did you allow for wood movement on the planking with elongated screw holes? This is really coming along nicely ! 

The bottom planking is actually glued and screwed, per the plans I'm working from. I've got a few minor gaps at the joints between some of the planks, and any wood movement should be expansive, so I imagine it will fill up those gaps first, and hopefully nothing more. Not to mention, the boards themselves are quite narrow, and actually narrower than the plans even called for, so there are quite a few joints, which each could capture a small amount of movement. 

The side planks are not glued, just rivets, so no issue there.  

1 hour ago, K Cooper said:

After seeing this, my wife wants to convert one of our bedrooms into a nursery, boat included, and have another baby. I told her I was too old to build either one. 

I'll make the same offer, if you decide to build a boat, I'll give you some pointers. As for the baby, I'll leave that as an exercise for the reader, and suggest you employ whatever method you prefer! ;)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Isaac said:

I'll make the same offer, if you decide to build a boat, I'll give you some pointers. As for the baby, I'll leave that as an exercise for the reader, and suggest you employ whatever method you prefer! ;)

LOL Thanks Isaac for the offer but I think neither will come to fruition  :D. But, I think that is one heck of a baby carriage you have going there. To the best of you guys! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...