Baby Boat

Isaac

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

Isaac, one question: When the little one starts rolling over, are the sides tall enough to keep from falling out? Might just be perspective in the photos, but to me it seems the mattress rides a bit high.

Really awsome build, though. It looks terriffic.

Very observant. There is a small rope connecting the bottom of the boat to the cross bar, which limits the rocking, but you are right about the mattress. The plans didn't give any information on the mattress. So I initially picked a 4" piece of foam, but I've already ordered a thinner piece and will be making another, giving it some taller sidewalls. 

That being said, once she's really moving around she'll have to be in a regular prison style crib. So, as with so many things with kids, it will be fairly short time in use!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Isaac said:

That being said, once she's really moving around she'll have to be in a regular prison style crib. So, as with so many things with kids, it will be fairly short time in use!

But this will make an awesome stuff animal holder or .... really the options are limitless. It might not be used for it's initial intent but it's super cool and will make a good addition to a kids room.

4 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

But this will make an awesome stuff animal holder or .... really the options are limitless. It might not be used for it's initial intent but it's super cool and will make a good addition to a kids room.

Yeah, absolutely. I also hope it will be used for a long time. Too far off for me to think about it really, but grand kids, nephews, nieces, whatever.