MattF

Roubo Time!! Let’s light this candle!

Recommended Posts

Can’t find the “Feet Up” thread, but I already to the picture, so here it is:

EDCA99B7-12BF-48D7-BD2D-F5F09B59AE70.thumb.jpeg.1d524d4f0d4f9fedc1f84994251bb3af.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2018 at 5:13 PM, MattF said:

Can’t find the “Feet Up” thread, but I already to the picture, so here it is:

EDCA99B7-12BF-48D7-BD2D-F5F09B59AE70.thumb.jpeg.1d524d4f0d4f9fedc1f84994251bb3af.jpeg

Yeah me either did it get deleted?

Jealous that spot looks awesome. Though any campsite with a warm fire is awesome in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew when you bought that trailer that the Roubo project was going to take longer.  Where ya at?

The other thread left when Gary left.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 5:13 PM, MattF said:

Can’t find the “Feet Up” thread, but I already to the picture, so here it is:

EDCA99B7-12BF-48D7-BD2D-F5F09B59AE70.thumb.jpeg.1d524d4f0d4f9fedc1f84994251bb3af.jpeg

Congrats Matt...Just got mine in December and I cant wait to have my feet up like this.. Looks like a great time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chet said:

 

The other thread left when Gary left.

Not meaning to hyjack, but why? Can't it still live after a member leaves? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mat60 said:

Congrats Matt...Just got mine in December and I cant wait to have my feet up like this.. Looks like a great time.

Did you get an R-Pod? The wife finally got tired of tent camping so we pulled the trigger on this. I have to say, it was a much more relaxing time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chet said:

I knew when you bought that trailer that the Roubo project was going to take longer.  Where ya at?

The other thread left when Gary left.

I finished up the end cap finally. I will update this thread this week. My shop good a little messy with the trailer purchase and lots of life things in the way. I am about to get back started soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brendon_t said:

Not meaning to hyjack, but why? Can't it still live after a member leaves? 

Gary is the one that took it down.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know why Gary left ? I vaguely remember him being back after an extended absence. It does seem like there has been a fair bit of turnover the last year or 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

Does anyone know why Gary left ? I vaguely remember him being back after an extended absence. It does seem like there has been a fair bit of turnover the last year or 2.

I think he posted a bon voyage message but I wouldn't go into the details as I've already been ban hammered from another form for such talk.

And yeah. We've lost about a hundred years of good experience in the last one or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Chet said:

topic of Matt's Roubo build and the fact that he isn't working on it because he is camping... 

:lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chet said:

Some people have left and some knowledge went with them but for the sake and sanity of everyone still here I would like to get this thread back on the topic of Matt's Roubo build and the fact that he isn't working on it because he is camping... 

Sanity doesn’t exist in the world of woodworking according to my wife, but I agree;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prob right;). Now if Matt will get his feet awAy from the fire, we can get back to the originally scheduled program. Nice digs by the way! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Prob right;). Now if Matt will get his feet awAy from the fire, we can get back to the originally scheduled program. Nice digs by the way! 

Hoping to start on the dog hole strip this weekend.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wdwerker said:

Somebody needs to post pictures of the inevitable melted soles. 

Those shoes need to be resoled anyway. They are one of the best pair of shoes I have ever had. They are my shop, yard work, camping, roof, house work shoes. The only problem is that they so many miles on them the tread is completely gone. If they are wet and I step on a smooth surface, I may end up on my butt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MattF said:

Those shoes need to be resoled anyway. They are one of the best pair of shoes I have ever had. They are my shop, yard work, camping, roof, house work shoes. The only problem is that they so many miles on them the tread is completely gone. If they are wet and I step on a smooth surface, I may end up on my butt.

I have me a pair of them also. They are the Danner brand Marine Corps Branded boots. Those things have seen done serious sheet, and still kicking but last time I went hiking, I thought I had bad grip. Looked at the soul and the center of both is worn past any nubs. Just slick rubber. Time for a re soul and new life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally got some time yesterday to get some work done on the bench. Started milling up the doghole strip and front laminate. Had to fill some small knots with epoxy and currently waiting for that to cure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2018 at 8:34 AM, MattF said:

Hoping to start on the dog hole strip this weekend.:D

I hope the epoxy cures quicker than it took you to start the dog hole strip:D. Looking forward to your progress Matt! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Cheeset202 said:

Built this while you were camping.....couldn’t resist!  Good to see you back on the build

 

89D85273-24AD-478A-B4C1-3D6809B6FDC6.jpeg

You have done a really nice job with your bench man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now