Bessey K clamps

collinb

3 hours ago, bleedinblue said:

I had read HD is going to Dewalt clamps.  If that's the case, they'll be clearing out the besseys.  That might be what's happening. 

I was given one of the nice 50" Dewalt clamps for Christmas.

It's a very good pistol grip type of clamp with trigger release. And it's much better than the common Irwin equivalents.

But it won't tighten as well as the F & K types. Both are useful.

I'll keep an eye out for more coming discounts. Tx

55 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-24-in-Parallel-Bar-Clamp-DWHT83831/303124305

They look like Jorgansen clamps though i can't help but notice they aren't using an acme threaded rod. I wonder if that's going to make the threads bind more?

They are Irwin parallel clamps. Different color, same tool.

Edit: they have changed the design a bit (they look stronger now):

irwin.JPG.468b906fb4a8651fb3ec5225492ceddb.JPG

dewalt.JPG.71189d6eb784e690fc47d892623d5451.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like to 50" clamps are available for a good price at my local HD - even though I have mostly Jet clamps, a few Besseys at the right price would be a nice addition.  Has anyone picked up some F-style clamps as well?  Are they a good deal as well?  

On 3/2/2018 at 9:40 AM, Jfitz said:

Looks like to 50" clamps are available for a good price at my local HD - even though I have mostly Jet clamps, a few Besseys at the right price would be a nice addition.  Has anyone picked up some F-style clamps as well?  Are they a good deal as well?  

Something I found when checking how good the bargain was, their *regular* price is cheaper than on Amazon. And unless one has Prime sales tax is certainly < shipping.