Trestle Table

shaneymack

Very nice Shane! Nice clean work as always. How do you like that shooting board track and plane? I bought them with the black Friday gift card discount but haven't set it up yet.
Nothing not to LOVE about it. I always have it out on my bench ready to go. I use it to square up and size parts all the time. It's fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Immortan D said:

I gotta thank Tapatalk for bringing you back to sharing your stuff man! You're doing a great job, as always.

I like that panel gauge on the first pic. What is it?

Thanks, Daniel ! 

It is just a marking gauge. Have a look . Canadian made !!

https://www.jessemdirect.com/product_p/08801.htm

• Thanks 1

I am assuming this table is going to be a daily user.  Whats your plans for finish... kids and all.

I'm going back and forth between Rubio Monocoat and Conversion varnish. I like the fact that the Rubio is super simple to apply and easy to touch up or re apply. Not as resilient as conversion varnish. If I go with conversion varnish I need to take it to my buddy's shop(spray booth) and do it. So touch ups or repairs or if ever I need to refinish will be much more difficult. Still not sure. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Rubio mono coat is not a finish you build.  I don't think it will prevent the wood from getting stained from spilled drinks. Its the opposite of conversion varnish.

I have mono coat on my floors.We choose it so we could start moving our stuff back in after the floors were finished.And to add some color to our boring red oak. No smell or  Vocs. It's not a very durable finish.

Aj