So What's The Big Deal?

..Kev

So, the title is a bit tongue in cheek but, if you're like me, it's also somewhat of a legitimate question.

I admit that I don't own any BCTW gear but, I do own a bit of LN stuff and am curious what the actual difference is?  Is it truly worth the added cost or is it more personal preference?

I think this comes down to a value proposition. Do you get more for the money?

Hard to say... For me, the answer is yes.

If you wanted to compare the shaving of one block plane to the other you'll be disappointed. There is more to a tools value than the result.

The precise adjustment on the shoulder plane is far better than the LN I had or the LV I've used. Which, at the price it damn well better be superior.

The fit and finish is second to none. I dunno... it's nice to have a tool in my hand that wasn't designed over 100 years ago and hasn't changed since.

• Like 2

Many years ago I got a Bridge City catalog and was lusting for a measuring/ layout tool. By the time I had the disposable funds it had been retired, hey maybe that's where Woodpeckers got the idea ?  Now many years later I recognize the high quality and high price along with the limited availability has a certain appeal to those who can afford them.  Practical for everyday shop use ? Probably not every tool but some may be like my Woodpeckers framing square, worth every penny and treated with care and an absolute pleasure to use.

• Like 1

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 67 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    rojmwq4e
    Newest Member
    rojmwq4e