Stanley 45

Tmize

I won one finally on eBay Friday waiting on delivery this week. With original box minus the lid. With 21 cutters. Just needs some cleaning. Looks like the only missing is the forward cutter (scoring) for cross grain but they seem plentiful on line. But I was reading the other day are veritas combinations blades are compatible is this true?

Yea I'm waiting til it gets here to be sure. I seen all the parts in the pictures but it so I may just get lucky. But at the price I got it for I can't complain. Lee valley magazine says that the Stanley blade fit it so I can't see why not the other way. I was trying to upload a pic of the text but it hates my phone

12 hours ago, Tmize said:

So what is this for I couldn't find it in the instructions? 

Yes it has the original instruction with it an the plane hammer(rough shape) an screwdriver. An some kind of weird glove that just wraps the palm of the hand

IMG_0687.JPG

Yea it don't fit any of the holes in the plane. It was a estate sale on online I got it from. So I figured it may have some random stuff in it. 

Mine is one of the post 1915 models that has the micro adjustment on the fence. Does anybody know what it's called I'm having no look with google. An tried most the logical names. Fence rod, fence adjustment rail etc....

2 hours ago, Llama said:

This is mine.

The micro is the screw in the middle of the fence part. The arrow in your pic is the rail the fence slides on.

2013-08-01 17.00.23.jpg

Right. There is two rails that the fence slides in an out on. I'm missing one of those rails. I have the short an long ones for the plane body. 

2 hours ago, Gilgaron said:

I'm pretty sure that the Veritas combo irons are supposed to be cross compatible with the vintage combo planes and vice versa.  The only worry about be where the notch is, since otherwise it is just a rectangle of carbon steel. 

Yea that's what I was thinking but all mine seam to be in good shape so I may not have to get any but it would be great to know just in case 

2 hours ago, Jim DaddyO said:

Anyone into Stanley Planes needs this link.

Patrick's Blood and Gore

Probably the most in depth writings on them on the web.

Yea I was reading it this morning an he gives the same diagram that is in the instructions. Great read tho. An my go to when I'm shopping an find that weird plane an don't know what it's for. 

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Skillfusian
    Newest Member
    Skillfusian