Storage and backup

legenddc

11 hours ago, thatCharlieDude said:

Anybody remember Zip disks and drives? 

Ha! I remember working with reel to reel, paper punch tape, and punch cards. 8" Floppy disks were the best thing since bread.

(before we learned to slice it)

My phone camera now takes pictures bigger than the capacity of the entire disk array connected to the CAD system I serviced in my previous job.

15 minutes ago, thatCharlieDude said:

Oh, I'm sure they're using it, why else is it free? For the pay accounts like AWS or Dropbox they better not use my data if I'm paying them for storage. 

With cloud storage sites like AWS you can set up the file structure the way you want it. It's basically just a remote drive you can access.  BTW, I try to encrypt everything I store remotely then only I can use it. 

I didn't mean just free storage sites, there are a lot of shady sites like the ones that offer free prints ect.

13 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

Ha! I remember working with reel to reel, paper punch tape, and punch cards. 8" Floppy disks were the best thing since bread.

(before we learned to slice it)

My phone camera now takes pictures bigger than the capacity of the entire disk array connected to the CAD system I serviced in my previous job.

Fun fact Betty White is older than sliced bread.

• Like 1