Jewelry box build

pkinneb

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, wdwerker said:

Looks like you've got all the nice toys for cutting dovetails !  I've been lusting after a Knew Concepts saw but haven't had a project that would justify buying one yet. The titanium ones are so light & strong , but so expensive !

LOL they are expensive but compared to my old fret saw you can tension the blade tight enough to take almost all of the flex out of it which is great when cutting next to the base lines. I figure I really don't have many bad habits that I spend money on so I pretty much buy what I want even if the price is a bit insane. I am also to the point where I have most of the big stuff so if I buy a few pricey hand tools it still doesn't hurt the tool budget to much. In fact I have been running a surplus for a couple years :o

Having said that I keep lusting over that Felder J/P Llama has which would definitely put a huge defficit into it  :) 

1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

You keep saying wenge is so aweful but it just makes me want to try it even more. I love the look of the drawer fronts. I think the look is worth the splinters.

It does look nice I agree with you on that.

14 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

Hey Drew, got splinters ?  You need to get some of these ! Kev told me about them. I keep one in my wallet plus the medicine cabinet at home & the shop.

IMG_1263.thumb.JPG.c05add051961eb88f3064df0b40f48d8.JPG

You can find them on Amazon pretty cheap too. 

Interesting! I did a science experiment in sixth-grade, that demonstrated blood type identification. Those are the same lancets we used on our volunteers to draw samples.

• 1 month later...

Fantastic progress, no, really! But April 23rd has come and gone. Hopefully you treated her to a nice 3 carat ring and steak & lobster diner on the special day with promises of much greater to come with more shop time. Looking great as always bud. 

• Like 1

I bet it felt good to get back at it.  And in your defense Paul, I don't think you mentioned which of your wife's birthdays you were making this for.  But at the rate you are progressing I see no problem getting this finished by April of 2019

• Like 2

19 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Fantastic progress, no, really! But April 23rd has come and gone. Hopefully you treated her to a nice 3 carat ring and steak & lobster diner on the special day with promises of much greater to come with more shop time. Looking great as always bud. 

No more diamonds but I did buy her a Mazda MX5 convertible as a summer car :) 

18 hours ago, Chet said:

I bet it felt good to get back at it.  And in your defense Paul, I don't think you mentioned which of your wife's birthdays you were making this for.  But at the rate you are progressing I see no problem getting this finished by April of 2019

You are right my friend just ask her about the bedroom set that took 10 years me 10 years to finish LOL. In my defense we moved half way through and I had to build a new shop before work could continue :)