Paolini Pocket Rules

ben_r_

LINK

main_ppralss_1_4.jpg

Who ordered a Paolini Pocket Rule from this latest OTT or in the past? I grabbed one of these (the 6" aluminum blade) a very years ago. Would have rather had the stainless version but it wasn't an option when I bought mine. To be honest I never use it as I prefer my Starrett combination squares or Jessem Tool Setting Gauge (LINK). Interested to hear what others have thought of theirs though, especially if you also have other tools that offer the same functionality.

4 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

I have the 3 sizes in aluminum. They are great, just a serious ripoff. I use them every time I'm in the shop. 

What did they copy this design from? I wasn't aware it had a predecessor.

1 minute ago, shaneymack said:

What do you mean copy the design from ?

I just realised I might have the stainless ones. They are silver, not red. Lol

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

HA! I saw "ripoff" and the first thing that came to mind was like a design copy rip off! Like they had just redesigned someone else's tool as they have done in the past with some of their OTTs. I get what you mean now, ripoff as in price ripoff. Sorry.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

My favorite by for Woodpeckers tool I have the 6" and it lives in my apron pocket use it every time I'm in the shop. In fact I like it so much i ordered a backup on the last opportunity just in case something happens to it.

HA HA NICE! Now that's serious love for a tool!

• Like 1

I got a 6" one from the first batch and several days after it arrived I called and got a metric one too. They usually run a few extras but act quick or they might be gone. Both rules ride in my "Ultimate Work Pants" leg pockets every day since 2013 I think. Wouldn't be without them. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Nice i use mine often. I like the small SS rule it has good visibility. I like the steel over aluminum as it doesn't get damaged when i drop it. Though dang that's a lot of money for such a small ruler..... i don't remember spending that much.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Nice i use mine often. I like the small SS rule it has good visibility. I like the steel over aluminum as it doesn't get damaged when i drop it. Though dang that's a lot of money for such a small ruler..... i don't remember spending that much.

Yea they up'ed the price a lot on the SS versions. I do like the SS 6" model, but to be honest I have a 6" Starrett combo square that I have never felt cumbersome to carry around so I didn't end up keeping the 6" Paolini Pocket Rule I had.

1 minute ago, ben_r_ said:

Yea they up'ed the price a lot on the SS versions. I do like the SS 6" model, but to be honest I have a 6" Starrett combo square that I have never felt cumbersome to carry around so I didn't end up keeping the 6" Paolini Pocket Rule I had.

I bought a sweet 3 sided ruler from Bridge City before the sold to the chineese company and really like it. It was black with white markings and is the easiest i have to read. Trouble it spends more time lost than found. This is my trouble with most of my small rules and the larger 2" wide ones that have a wall hook are my go to rules now.

• Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    R Parekh
    Newest Member
    R Parekh