DelVe Square

ben_r_

LINK

main_delvesqr-1_3.jpg

This little guy! Who's got one? Who loves it? I had one, and REALLY wanted to love it, but honestly I liked their 6" Carpenters Square (LINK) much more for all the tasks I was trying to use the DelVe Square for. I realize there are some "sneaky" little features in the DelVe Square, I just never put them to use much.

Any of you have one and love it?

4 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

I have it and it stays in the pocket of my apron for checking 90 degrees on the jointer and TS

Yea I did find it useful for checking square on those tools and the bandsaw. After selling it I ended up just reverting back to a small Starrett machinist square I previously used.

I have it and it stays in the pocket of my apron for checking 90 degrees on the jointer and TS
You seem to keep alot of stuff in your apron. Do you keep the framing square in there as well ? LOL.
Just jacking your strap, I keep a ton of stuff in my apron as well.
Speaking of aprons we should start an apron club.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, ben_r_ said:

Yea I did find it useful for checking square on those tools and the bandsaw. After selling it I ended up just reverting back to a small Starrett machinist square I previously used.

That is the third tool I keep in my apron but A lot of times its not set for 90 degrees which make the delve nice.

2 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

You seem to keep alot of stuff in your apron. Do you keep the framing square in there as well ? LOL.

Seriously there are soo many apron options. Perhaps there should be a "Shop Clothing" or "Shop Wear" club to cover all kinds of stuff people wear in the shop.

1 minute ago, shaneymack said:

Two pencils (.03 and .05) , 6" stainless poalini rule, and dust collector remote in top pockets, delve and 4" Starrett in bottom pocket :) 

I use the lee valley apron but it is really hatched I have a brand new one but they changed the straps to cross over instead of just a neck loop which I hate so I need to do some sewing to fix it before I can use it.

Two pencils (.03 and .05) , 6" stainless poalini rule, and dust collector remote in top pockets, delve and 4" Starrett in bottom pocket  
I use the lee valley apron but it is really hatched I have a brand new one but they changed the straps to cross over instead of just a neck loop which I hate so I need to do some sewing to fix it before I can use it.

I had the loop only Lee valley apron like 12 years ago and hated the crap outta that thing! It really gave me a sore neck .

• Like 1

Man, managing this Woodpeckers one will be enough for me. I'm super busy these days.
"Managing" LOL.

Man, managing this Woodpeckers one will be enough for me. I'm super busy these days.
I'll try and do it tomorrow. I'm on my phone right now. Will be easier from laptop.

4 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

I had the loop only Lee valley apron like 12 years ago and hated the crap outta that thing! It really gave me a sore neck .

Mines about that old and coming to the end of its useful life LOL

IMG_2865.jpg.af2182dff97f15f832b2e750d9b8f645.jpg

2 minutes ago, ben_r_ said:

Wow! Thats seen some action. Might want to consider one of those fancy leather ones for the next one.

Nah you can see its replacement behind that one...just need to fix the strap to my liking. I need to save those leather apron dollars for more Woodpeckers tools.

So I took a few minutes and made some minor alterations to the new apron. First changed the straps to a neck loop, then added two pencil slots, and finally opened the last slot up so the remote fits better. Not sure what that little slot was for it was on my old one as well. I really like the bottom pockets on this one better then the old as well. Unfortunately I didn't have any brown or green thread so black it is...with a little glue and saw dust no it won't bother me too much lol

IMG_2868.jpg.fde4714058eb88301ed64aeda85437c1.jpg

IMG_2867.jpg.76249af0f0d091d440e4e1da66de92ed.jpg