Bevel Gauge & Angle Reference Plate

ben_r_

LINK

bevel-square_05.jpg

I picked up the 7" & 12" Bevel Gauge and the Angle Reference Plate from this OTT set. I also own the Starrett 47 Universal Bevel Gauge (LINK) which is a pretty super simple design. I have to say the Woodpeckers Bevel Gauges are REALLY nice! The Angle Reference Plate is very nice to have around too. I actually also have the Lee Valley Bevel Setter (LINK) and while it definitely does the job I really like the larger size and build quality of the Woodpeckers.

I will say I find that the 7" is large enough for pretty much every task I have ever needed a bevel gauge for and I will probably be selling my 12" soon.

Anyone else have any of these and want to comment on what they've thought of them?

Yea there is certainly nothing wrong with it. I used it for a couple years before I got the Woodpeckers one. It actually works better with the Starrett 47 IMO as they are both small and made of thin metal, so they just seem to fit together better.

• 4 months later...

I use an igaging one that's pretty large, at 12" long.   I use it a lot.  As far as I can remember, I don't believe I've ever used the centering scale on the other side.

https://www.ebay.com/p/iGAGING-12-Center-Finding-Rule-Bevel-Angle-Gauge-Carpenter-Woodworking/667351068?iid=370835719149&chn=ps

0 degrees to 50 degrees covers everything, by marking a line on a straight board, and setting the gauge to the other side of the line.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    R Parekh
    Newest Member
    R Parekh