Rule Stop 1 & 2

ben_r_

LINK and LINK

main2_rule_stop-1_2.jpg

main_rule_stop-2_2.jpg

I have both of these, one for Starrett blades and the other for Woodpeckers Rules and to be honest I rarely use them. The Rule Stop 2 I think comes in more handy as I use it with varies Woodpeckers Rule sizes to setup my Precision Dogs parallel guides. That combo makes a nice easy and repeatable method for ensuring both arms of the parallel guides are even.

If using them as actual rule stops I tend to prefer my Starrett combination square instead.

What do you guys think? Do you have and like either of the Rule Stops?

I've got the. "Stop 1"  I use it on 3' long rulers when I am setting a bunch of squares for a project. (3) 24" combo square blades take care of the mid range measurements. Several 12" combo squares and a few 6" and 4" double squares handle the small settings.  I leave them set for the entire project. 

I've never had it slip on me . 

15 hours ago, Immortan D said:

I have the stop 2. I use it on my Starrett combination square rulers as an extra head. I don't regret having it but I could live without it :D

You dont feel the 2 is too large for the Starrett blades? They made the 1 to fit the Starrett blades I believe. The 2 has a slight angle IRCC to fit their rules better.

Just now, ben_r_ said:

You dont feel the 2 is too large for the Starrett blades? They made the 1 to fit the Starrett blades I believe. The 2 has a slight angle IRCC to fit their rules better.

That's exactly right. It is too large for those blades, but works just the same. I haven't noticed the angle you mentioned, I will check that when I get home.

11 minutes ago, Immortan D said:

That's exactly right. It is too large for those blades, but works just the same. I haven't noticed the angle you mentioned, I will check that when I get home.

If I remember correctly the angle on the inside of the "jaws" of the Rule Stop 2 is made to match the angle on the Woodpeckers Rules. And there is a 90 degree "notch" on the inside of the Rule Stop 1 that fits the thickness of the Starrett blades.

EDIT: Scratch that, just looked at my Rule Stop 1 and 2 and they both have the same angle and 90 degree notch in the jaws. I just didnt remember correctly.

4 hours ago, ben_r_ said:

EDIT: Scratch that, just looked at my Rule Stop 1 and 2 and they both have the same angle and 90 degree notch in the jaws. I just didnt remember correctly

Yep. There is an angle but my Starrett rulers fit securely. That stop works with all the rulers I have.

20180302_171720-756x1008.thumb.jpg.c4fc7a836a9b32c86f301afa5404b6ac.jpg

• Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 63 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    rojmwq4e
    Newest Member
    rojmwq4e