ben_r_

Rule Stop 1 & 2

Recommended Posts

LINK and LINK

main2_rule_stop-1_2.jpg

main_rule_stop-2_2.jpg

I have both of these, one for Starrett blades and the other for Woodpeckers Rules and to be honest I rarely use them. The Rule Stop 2 I think comes in more handy as I use it with varies Woodpeckers Rule sizes to setup my Precision Dogs parallel guides. That combo makes a nice easy and repeatable method for ensuring both arms of the parallel guides are even.

If using them as actual rule stops I tend to prefer my Starrett combination square instead.

What do you guys think? Do you have and like either of the Rule Stops?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got the. "Stop 1"  I use it on 3' long rulers when I am setting a bunch of squares for a project. (3) 24" combo square blades take care of the mid range measurements. Several 12" combo squares and a few 6" and 4" double squares handle the small settings.  I leave them set for the entire project. 

I've never had it slip on me . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the stop 2. I use it on my Starrett combination square rulers as an extra head. I don't regret having it but I could live without it :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Immortan D said:

I have the stop 2. I use it on my Starrett combination square rulers as an extra head. I don't regret having it but I could live without it :D

You dont feel the 2 is too large for the Starrett blades? They made the 1 to fit the Starrett blades I believe. The 2 has a slight angle IRCC to fit their rules better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ben_r_ said:

You dont feel the 2 is too large for the Starrett blades? They made the 1 to fit the Starrett blades I believe. The 2 has a slight angle IRCC to fit their rules better.

That's exactly right. It is too large for those blades, but works just the same. I haven't noticed the angle you mentioned, I will check that when I get home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Immortan D said:

That's exactly right. It is too large for those blades, but works just the same. I haven't noticed the angle you mentioned, I will check that when I get home.

If I remember correctly the angle on the inside of the "jaws" of the Rule Stop 2 is made to match the angle on the Woodpeckers Rules. And there is a 90 degree "notch" on the inside of the Rule Stop 1 that fits the thickness of the Starrett blades.

EDIT: Scratch that, just looked at my Rule Stop 1 and 2 and they both have the same angle and 90 degree notch in the jaws. I just didnt remember correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ben_r_ said:

EDIT: Scratch that, just looked at my Rule Stop 1 and 2 and they both have the same angle and 90 degree notch in the jaws. I just didnt remember correctly

Yep. There is an angle but my Starrett rulers fit securely. That stop works with all the rulers I have.

20180302_171720-756x1008.thumb.jpg.c4fc7a836a9b32c86f301afa5404b6ac.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've also got a Veritas rule stop. It works fine but I like the Woodpeckers one much better.

91803232-AA9A-4FCD-B2C4-F8D87995D208-1257-00000217D8010A07.jpeg.605c63b2ac6232f2c004adbee5d9f30c.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont think I've seen those ones before. Good to know that option is out there. Those dont look like a bad design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites