This is a quality saw blade on resin

collinb

I used that kit to clean my main TS blade for the first time this weekend, after about a year of hobbyist use. I wasn't getting any burning quite like that, but I was noticing that my cuts weren't nearly as clean as I remember them being before. Kit was super easy to use, I dropped a bunch of router bits into the bath as well and cleaned those up. Worked great, and it's great that you can just capture the liquid and re-use it, rather than having to buy a new bottle of the stuff every few uses.

I read some mixed reports on Simple Green. Works well for some, not well for others -- probably media-dependent.

And since the whole solution was on sale I didn't have to spend any time digging up stuff.

On 3/13/2018 at 11:11 AM, Kurt Triebe said:

I used that kit to clean my main TS blade for the first time this weekend, after about a year of hobbyist use. I wasn't getting any burning quite like that, but I was noticing that my cuts weren't nearly as clean as I remember them being before. Kit was super easy to use, I dropped a bunch of router bits into the bath as well and cleaned those up. Worked great, and it's great that you can just capture the liquid and re-use it, rather than having to buy a new bottle of the stuff every few uses.

That burn was actually from a 24T blade, but the Freud was burning, too. I just wanted to show the results of poor hygiene, though I will admit to being just a bit dishonest as a matter of degree.

The guy at WoodWerks who recommended it said that he just leaves it filled on the shelf and has had it there for ... several years. Just drop in a blade in the evening and pull it out the next day and brush it off. As long as the lid locks tight the evap is under control. If there is a little, just add water.

13 hours ago, pkinneb said:

Honestly those pics make me think there is more going on there then just resin on the blade. 

Hard maple in a 1.5hp saw with a low blade angle.A little dullness wouldn't surprise me but caked-on resins is enough to do this.

I know the low angle is safer -- less chance for the blade to pick up and throw a piece. But a high angle doesn't do this so much. The cut is quicker and shorter. (At least that's my perception.)