Guy’s woodshop on YouTube

I've watched all his stuff, it is pretty good.  I learned a lot of simple techniques from his older videos, but I also like the more complex stuff he's done lately.

As for the sponsorships, seems like 3/4 of the channels I watch have started doing this, so I've grown accustomed to it...some ppl are more annoying than others though, and I've unsubbed a few channels, mostly the ones that are constantly trying to sell me on website building tools or other stuff that's not even related to woodworking.

2 hours ago, TheAverageCraftsman said:

I will gladly watch an ad or sponsor plug as payment for consuming content.  It is a ton of work to pump out that content and I have no problem helping them make money off of it.

Tim, I stumbled on your channel a couple of weeks ago and you, probably better than most here, know the work it takes to produce. I really like the way you are putting your projects and videos together. Keep up the good work and we'll be talking about all the ads and sponsors we watch on your channel.

I don't mind watching the sponsor plugs, I just get jealous of all the stuff they get.

Chris

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood" 

1 hour ago, fcschoenthal said:

Tim, I stumbled on your channel a couple of weeks ago and you, probably better than most here, know the work it takes to produce. I really like the way you are putting your projects and videos together. Keep up the good work and we'll be talking about all the ads and sponsors we watch on your channel.

I don't mind watching the sponsor plugs, I just get jealous of all the stuff they get.

Chris

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood" 

Thank you very much.  I appreciate it.  In addition to my full time job I've been flipping a house recently so it's been hard finding time to produce videos but I have four in the hopper that I should be able to release over the next four weekends.

On 3/30/2018 at 3:29 PM, Minnesota Steve said:

Guy also has a podcast with Freddy Roman and Justin DiPalma.

https://www.theatgpodcast.com/

The episodes do tend to ramble a bit, and there's a lot less fart jokes than woodtalk, but they're really knowledgeable.   Especially Freddy Roman.

I really enjoy their podcast. They're real woodworkers/craftsmen producing content, not content producers whose content happens to be making stuff.

• Like 1