procell40

Roubo Build ! (First real project! Yikes)

Between Ash and soft Maple, there wouldn't be too big of a color difference, there also may not be enough contrast for others to know for sure it wasn't done on accident or a screw up. Just something to consider. 

On 1/5/2019 at 6:33 PM, Brendon_t said:

Between Ash and soft Maple, there wouldn't be too big of a color difference, there also may not be enough contrast for others to know for sure it wasn't done on accident or a screw up. Just something to consider. 

That's probably what I'm going to do , use Soft maple for the Vise Leg (needs the most work done to it , and will be mostly hidden by the Chop) , and ash for the rest. 

Jointer should be here by Thursday , so going to have to re-arrange the shop (assuming i can get it into the basement , lol) , and  hooking it to Dust Collection. gonna be a busy week! 

Meh.  Your call (obviously) and I didn't read the thread to see what is going on here, but I wouldn't pair up ash and maple.  Brendon's point was spot on...it will just look like a mistake, it will look like you meant to make it all of maple and grabbed ash by mistake (or the other way around)

Of course at the end of the day, it's just shop furniture.  Right?

Didn't get any work done on the bench last 2 days , been setting up this bad boy

Grizzly G0856 , ordered on the 3rd , received today. so shiny

Too bad i'm done my top ! Would of been 20 times easier with this guy!

20190110_202821.jpg

• Like 1

They make them without dust ports these days? Thought every machine came with a 4" dust port.

15 hours ago, Chestnut said:

They make them without dust ports these days? Thought every machine came with a 4" dust port.

You know us woodworkers , we'll get around to dust collection when there's nothing else to do ;)

edit: wait , if you were being serious , it did come with one , I just didn't bolt it on yet. 

Edited by procell40
i can't read gud
  • Like 1