Ronn W

Music Boxes

Ron these are awesome! That veneering class is paying off. Where did you get the music thingy?

Those are really cool Ronn.  Full of colors that I could see kids liking.  Great job.

Very nice Ronn, but why just the 18 note movements? you could have gone for the 30 or 72 note ones, i mean what's the deal? it's only 400 bucks more for the 72:blink: seriously those are nice and i'm sure they will treasure them. in days gone by i was able to buy movements from Reuge (swiss) they had dozens of tunes to choose from but alas they don't sell to the general public anymore. beautiful work sir!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Ron these are awesome! That veneering class is paying off. Where did you get the music thingy?

Musicboxhouse.com.  I think it's a small business. Very helpful over the phone.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ronn W said:

Musicboxhouse.com.  I think it's a small business. Very helpful over the phone.

CORRECTION:  the crrect address is themusichouse.com.   Oooops.

These look great! The contrast between the dye and natural timber is awesome. A good use of timber for the purpose. 

15 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

Very nice! Did you make up the veneer patterns from scratch, or have some particular inspiration?

Is saw a pic of a white box with a filed of Dimaond shapes on line. That inspired the box with the squares.  The other was my own design.  Thanks.

• Like 1

Very nice, Ronn!  Making a music box or two is on my woodworking bucket list.  When I finally get around to building one or two I hope they turn out that nice.

David