• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lynndy and I were in Auckland, New Zealand recently for the wedding of her niece. We stayed with her brother and his wife. They have a wonderful home with some nice examples of arts and crafts furnitu

The previous weekend had seen the completion of the drawer blades. There were 24 to make - 6 rows with curved faces. The walnut was flushed ... ... and then were slid along the dad

This is just a taste of what I will be doing for a few more weekends. A bench shot for those that like to see how others work ... Below I have a few shots of the dovetailing (again). Th

Posted Images

Looking forward to watching this build progress.  I'm hoping to build something similar in the near future, although there isn't a chance I'll even attempt a curved front :(

• Like 1

Can we just retitle the thread to" check out the bad assery you're too scarred to even attempt, but D Cohen nailed"

After seeing other examples of complex curved furniture from Derek, I'm super excited to watch this onee take shape

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, wdwerker said:

So those are straight sided dados ? I guess with the case being dovetailed the center dividers don't need sliding dovetails. It's a pleasure to follow such craftsmanship in action.

I was thrown too when he described the saw and mention sliding dovetails, not realizing he said dado’s. Really neat saw and chisel, not to mention beautiful work Derek. 

• Like 1

Hi Steve

I spent a great deal of time studying Boston Bombe chests before building the Lingerie Chest. I used the same techniques and procedures.

I am deeply appreciative of the amount of work and the skill level required in the Bombe. I consider this style to be the apex for most woodworkers. But one does not lie in my future since my taste in furniture is modern. The chest I built is as close to the traditional design as I will get. What it confirmed first hand was anything with a curve in it takes several times longer to build. 

Regards from Perth

Derek

• Like 1