derekcohen

Apothecary chest

2 hours ago, derekcohen said:

where it will take its place

1st Place in my book, absolutely beautiful work sir! i think it was a wise choice to cut the legs, the thought of someone bumping that piece of art and having it crash to the floor would make a grown man cry.

Ditto, ditto and ditto! It has been a pleasure watching the progress and enjoying the commentary. I cannot imagine anything but the highest award offered at the competition. No luck needed. Thank you!!!

So many interesting challenges and methods in this Derek.  The shortening of the legs on the stand was the perfect solution and I really like the proportions.  Seeing the stand and chest separately would not make most people see the whole.  I can only echo other's compliments on the build and the journal.  This is a thread members can come back to again and again for so much valuable content.  Thanks so much for the efforts and thanks for sharing a really wonderful piece with us.

On 8/1/2018 at 11:12 AM, Chet said:

That is truly a legacy piece of furniture..  Very well crafted beyond anything I could hope to do.  It's a piece of furniture that is a piece of art.  That took a lot of faith to cut the legs off of the base so close to the competition.  Good luck at the show.

+1