Apothecary chest

derekcohen

This is a beautiful build, Derek!  Walnut is my favorite wood to work outside of the exotics.  Matter of fact, I buy Walnut every 3-4 weeks and probably 95% of what I build is Walnut.  Pretty, isn't it!!

Can't wait to see this go through the stages and it looks just great.

David

7 hours ago, wdwerker said:

It's probably the most difficult shape I can think of. I admire the shape but can see myself building one or buying one either !

Can or can’t? I know as a child of the 60’s, it’s not something I’d find myself putting my tighty whities or crew socks in. 

Great build Derek.  

The merbau that you are using on the interior, is that a native speices?  My dad purchased  a small chest from the Philippines during the later part of World War II that is made from  Eucalyptus wood and it has a real similar grain and appearance.  

Hi Chet

Intsia bijuga is a species of flowering tree in the pea family, Fabaceae, native to the Indo-Pacific. It ranges from Tanzania and Madagascar east through India and Queensland, Australia to the Pacific islands of Fiji and Samoa. It is mainly used for outdoor furniture and decking, a lot like teak.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Well it's a good thing those dados were cut so perfectly from the get go so the patch went well. The separation from the beginner to the expert is not plowing on but going back and fixing your mistakes good work!

I really like how the look is turning out. This is beautiful. This build is making me consider building something similar myself.

• Like 1

Nice recovery Derek.

There are two types of wood workers, those that make mistakes and admit it and then find a way to fix them, and those that lie about never making mistakes. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 46 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Skillfusian
    Newest Member
    Skillfusian