Feet Up Rev 2

MattF

On 10/9/2022 at 10:18 AM, Tom King said:

Yes, handheld.  I think it must have some sort of stabilization built in, maybe computerized, but don't know all the details.  Those streams going up were just little specs of hot coal particles floating up. I had both elbows resting on the arms of the chair.

Trying to catch the dim sunsets, this was a 4 second exposure, but I did rest it on the handrails of the porch.

This was a pretty ordinary, everyday sunset last night.  The color is still not quite as deep as it was, but I'm getting closer.  It looks like 4 seconds is the longest exposure available, but even then it tries to "correct" the color.

We're naming the rental place "Sunset Point".

IMG_4405.jpg

Awesome pic/view

• Like 1

I forgot that I took this picture until I saw it on my phone.  This is the moon I had to work with, that illuminated my feet, and the lake.

The air was so still, which is why the lake was like glass.  It was so bright there were very distinct shadows cast.  Jupiter is up from the Moon a little bit.

A good night for a campfire is when the air is still.  Smoke only goes straight up.

IMG_4409.jpg

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Coop said:

@wtnhighlander, is this east of Nashville? I’m making my 5th trip to the Nashville area in about 3 weeks, 3 by air and one driving with my next driving, and have never seen these sites. That’s amazing. 

A fair bit East, yes. That is Pigeon Forge TN, just outside the Western edge of the Great Smokey Mountains National Park.

• Like 1