Looking for cabinet lock

The below glassware cabinet will need a lock on the front that will keep the doors shut. I'm searching for double door locks that will latch one door to the other without having to go up in the face. I was thinking there must be a lock that drops a latch that hooks into a receiver on the other door. Any ideas are appreciated.

IMG_20180502_191634.jpg

It's more the kind of glassware I don't want my kids getting into, so magnets wouldn't cut it.

36 minutes ago, Chet said:

Yep, I would use magnets unless you want to lock to be part of the appearance of the cabinet.

1 hour ago, K Cooper said:

I’ll beat Steve to it. How about magnets? 

1 hour ago, RichardA said:

Woodworkers supply, might have what you need.  I've picked up a couple of oddball things that I needed there.

After looking there I found this.

https://woodworker.com/tambour-door-cam-lock-mssu-942-851.asp?search=Door lock&searchmode=2

Was thinking I could attach a block on the inside of the left door where the ",hook" would grab and hold.

8 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

I'm sure a largish jewelry box lock mechanism would hook the doors together as described, but with nothing latched to the face frame, the doors can be pulled outward, and the latch damaged.

Yeah.. it wasn't thought about in advance, which is stupid I admit, because this is purpose built. 

7 hours ago, wdwerker said:

Interior latch secures 1 door, other door locks to it. Look for an elbow catch.

So here is a line I was wondering about  last night. 

The drawers will lock by a "key"  or dowel  dropping into a hole through the floor of the main cabinet into the drawer back.   I could add an elbow latch to one side and would be able to use a normal latch I believe on the other door.  I'll look more into that when I wake up a bit

6 hours ago, Brendon_t said:

So here is a line I was wondering about  last night. 

The drawers will lock by a "key"  or dowel  dropping into a hole through the floor of the main cabinet into the drawer back.   I could add an elbow latch to one side and would be able to use a normal latch I believe on the other door.  I'll look more into that when I wake up a bit

Pretty much what I've seen in several cabinets. A door latch for one of the doors and a lock with a key for the other one.

DL.JPG.4274f7aefd60662307d221d94998612c.JPG

3 hours ago, Immortan D said:

These are from one of the messed up cabinets in my workplace:

8664389614c889bbccd5c348f42e1cad.jpg
fe2306d1e1995acfd9839b0b0e8a0066.jpg

Daniel, thanks. I really like that key hole lock. I've been dreading putting something big or flashy on the face. That reminded me that I can actually down play it visually

• Like 1