Deluxe Bench Dog Kit

ben_r_

Makes me wonder if they expanded production capacity to turn OTTs around faster but ended up having too much downtime. It'd be nice to see them run some of the hit OTTs again.

This does remind me that i have no idea where my 3/4" auger bit went. I finally got my holdfasts figured out and now i cna't drill any new ones.

1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

It'd be nice to see them run some of the hit OTTs again.

Or better yet, just make them avertible all the time.  Why should a customer have to always wait?

1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

I finally got my holdfasts figured out and now i cna't drill any new ones.

Well if you give up looking, Lee Valley has a real good bit and bushing set for drilling dog holes.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Chet said:

Or better yet, just make them avertible all the time.  Why should a customer have to always wait?

Well if you give up looking, Lee Valley has a real good bit and bushing set for drilling dog holes.

I agree especially on some of what appear to be more popular tools.

Drew I have that Lee Valley set if you want to borrow it just ping me.

• Thanks 1

Yea there are so many OTTs that REALLY should be made available all the time. I find it pretty silly that they havent done that just to keep the money rolling in. But then maybe they are doing so good they simply dont need to. Must be nice.

34 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

Drew I have that Lee Valley set if you want to borrow it just ping me.

I'll keep this in mind. I really should find it because the 3/4" was my go to for drilling holes for wiring. Which i might need to do sometime if i ever get my way and buy a 2nd table saw solely for a dado stack.

I don;t have any Woodpecker tools so I'm not qualified to comment. Is it the accuracy, look, wow factor  or joy that comes from using expensive tools that people are after?

I've recently been learning about bench dogs and holdfasts so I picked up some Kreg bench dogs. 4 for $15. They've been working well. 

product

6 minutes ago, lewisc said:

I don;t have any Woodpecker tools so I'm not qualified to comment. Is it the accuracy, look, wow factor  or joy that comes from using expensive tools that people are after?

All of the above Sir. Pick up a Woodpeckers or Starrett square someday when youve got a little money burning a hole in your pocket and you will understand right away. It's just that with Woodpeckers, sometimes their OTT offerings are a little silly, or redundant or grossly overpriced.

I've got a pair of steel 3/4" dogs w a 1/8 rectangular top for thin stock and a few plastic ones that all were quite affordable. I think Woodpeckers makes some excellent measuring & layout tools. Some of their other stuff may be a good idea to certain people. 

• Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 60 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    rojmwq4e
    Newest Member
    rojmwq4e