Miter Master

ben_r_

LINK

capt_mm.jpg

Here is another one I just dont understand. Isnt this what we use our combination squares for?! Which can also do more than this function? Am I missing something here? For MUCH less than this set you could get a Starrett 12" combination square.

1 hour ago, ben_r_ said:

Here is another one I just dont understand

The only way you understand this is if you are so OCD that every marking and measuring devise in your shop has to be red.  I don't know if Starrett makes red combo squares. :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wdwerker said:

Don't forget the Veritas  & Shinwa miter squares. PEC combo squares at Harry Epstein are dam near Starrett quality and at much better prices too !

https://www.harryepstein.com/index.php/tool-brand/products-engineering.html

I bought 2 of the 6" double squares not realizing that it's 32nds 64ths and 50ths and 100ths. I tried swapping the rule from the other one that i had but it didn't fit. Kinda hoping they bring back the better one. I think it is the 4R?

54 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

I bought 2 of the 6" double squares not realizing that it's 32nds 64ths and 50ths and 100ths. I tried swapping the rule from the other one that i had but it didn't fit. Kinda hoping they bring back the better one. I think it is the 4R?

I had a similar problem with my Starrett combination square. I bought a 24" Starrett rule for it and it didn't fit. Turns out that the 12" rule that came with the square didn't have the "satin chrome finish", but the new one did... So I had to carefully sand the interior sides of the square head and problem solved. That procedure was not necessary for the protractor and center heads, they accepted the new rule without modifications.

1 hour ago, Immortan D said:

I had a similar problem with my Starrett combination square. I bought a 24" Starrett rule for it and it didn't fit. Turns out that the 12" rule that came with the square didn't have the "satin chrome finish", but the new one did... So I had to carefully sand the interior sides of the square head and problem solved. That procedure was not necessary for the protractor and center heads, they accepted the new rule without modifications.

I can't remember now how it didn't fit but i didn't think about trying to solve it with sand paper. I might try this when i get home.

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    R Parekh
    Newest Member
    R Parekh