Hardwood dealers in Northern Washington

Art

Does anyone have any recommendations for hardwood dealers in northern Washington State (ideally no more than 1 hour from the border)?  I'm in Vancouver, and starting to think about a few larger projects (a Roubo has been in the plans for a while now).  We have one really good dealer locally, but they can be pricey.  If there is a good deal to be had just over the border, it may be worthwhile for me for to make the drive for a large order, and stock up for a while.

Anyway, I would appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks,

Art

What do you have to do to get the wood back across the border?  Just curious.   Try here in Bellingham:  http://www.hardwoodstoget.com/  web site makes it look bigger than it is.

Family run place, selection just depends on what they got.   I take cash, because, sometimes, they won't charge me taxes if I pay cash.  Further south outside of Mt. Vernon is Skagit Valley Slabhaus   Skagit slabs.com  I was just in there the other day, another mom and pop place, hit and miss selection but what they had was pretty nice.    Then there is edensaw in Port Townsend, great place but requires a ferry ride.  Windsor ply in Bellingham is usually my last resort because they are over priced, but they have a pretty good selection.  That is all I can think of right now.  

Thanks for the reply. I'll check those out.

Apparently there's not much of an issue bringing domestic hardwoods across the border.  As long as bark is removed and it's kiln dried, there is no problem.  I'd likely get the yard to put on the receipt that it's kiln dried.  There is some duty to pay, but it would likely be minimal.

The exchange rate is slowly improving, so I'd have to call to get pricing and then do the math to see if it makes sense.  Our gas prices might be a problem - right now we're about $1.55/L which works out to about $5.90/gal, so the trip alone will add a fair amount.