Rockler sale on Mixing Mate stir & Pour lids.

wdwerker

I've been using these lids for years . Solvent & water base finishes store quite well & dispense easily.  Pour directly through a paint strainer into your spray gun. 

http://www.rockler.com/mixing-mate-paint-lid-gallon-size-stir-pour-and-store?sid=V20670&utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=%%$product.12.title%%&utm_content=Take+Your+Project+To+The+Finish+And+Save!&utm_campaign=052518_b_r_Spring+Stock+Up+Finish+With+Rockler_V20670&_bta_tid=17727018215476432964585681488943352998564953091855885480881456894922044509912607285595845102833262507014&_bta_c=jkq0t54r4ctk1bojjtno8h1vmyprn

oversold but get your name on the list to get the sale price. I must have over a dozen of them .  Great for stirring up stain when the solids settle out.

Darn, and I was just there today. I bet that would be the answer to ARS skimming and hardening over? 

I found in kind of humorous that in the demo video the other cans on the shelves didn’t have one though;)

I put one on every new canof finish that I open and it stays there until the can is used up. I stir then pour through a filter before spraying.. They are great when you only need a small amount of stain or finish. I saw a auto body shop that had racks full of every color of car paint.  I've go plenty of $50-65 a gallon finishes and hate to waste a drop.  

Cleaning up the paddles & inside the lid.can be a bit of a chore. I keep the ones for clear finishes separate from stain or paint use. 

I’ve got one of these on a can of danish oil and some cheap white primer. It’s been worth the couple of dollars for not having to remove the lid each time. 

I can see the benifet of the mixer for exspensive finishes though. 

38580D56-00EC-4BFA-BE63-35AA490F30C6.jpeg

1 hour ago, wdwerker said:

Cleaning up the paddles & inside the lid.can be a bit of a chore. I keep the ones for clear finishes separate from stain or paint use. 

The first thing I thought of was cleaning things up but from the sounds of things it will be worth trying some.

Waterborne finishes mostly just wash off, soak & ScotchBrite on any stubborn spots. Spirits & a rag gets most stain residue off. A few ounces of lacquer thinner then shake vigorously repeated a few times then left to soak overnight usually lets the rest be wiped clean. Dried clear waterbourne finishes flake off .  The pour spout cover cap is easy to remove & clean. I remove It & wipe before storing any leftover finish. If you forget you can pop it off from being dried/ glued shut pretty easy.  Never had finish dry up, it seals pretty good.

The handle and trigger operated spout is very handy. The flattening agents that settle out of satin & dull sheen finishes stir up well before each pour. 4 push down & twist clamps attach the handle/lid very securely.

• Like 1