Some bowls turned out

Mark J

Thanks for the kind compliments. And don't worry about my ego, like the Universe, it's capable of infinite expansion :P.

10 hours ago, wdwerker said:

Very interesting forms !  That hollowing system looks incredibly complicated. 

The hollowing system is probably complicated to manufacture, but it was simple to install and use.  It is similar to the Elbow system with three articulations so it is quite easy to position the tool, but the construction is very robust.  The laser light makes it possible to see where the tool tip is when hollowing.

5 hours ago, pkinneb said:

Some awesome work there Mark! How are you liking the nova lathe? My lathe is starting to go and from what I have seen parts are getting really hard to come by so may need to get a new one.

I like the Nova 1624 very much.  In this price range I think it would be hard to beat even with the DVR upgrade.  PM me if you want more specifics.  

4 hours ago, Tom King said:

That second one looks like it could be in a bar scene in a Star Wars movie!

Yup, exactly what I thought when I was done.  It wasn't the plan. I made detailed cross-sectional drawings at 90 and 45 degrees, but I still didn't see that coming.  I thought it would look more crown like, but now I call it "mid century modern".  

• Like 1